GFCI Protected receptacles

As pictured here in the master bathroom is a GFCI receptacle. It has been tested and found operable at the time of inspection. It is also noted that the receptacle is also connected to the

second bathroom of the home. It also has been tested and found operable at the time of inspection.

Robert,
Is there a question or are you asking about the wording that you’re using in your report?

2 Likes

just doing home work as requested. How is the wording by the way? to wordy?

1 Like

Do you need it at all?

I have a legend at the top of my report which defines the term “inspected”

Therefore, I just click inspected and move on.

1 Like

I like to give my clients as much information needed so they can refer to the their report for answers and locations.

2 Likes

I do the same Robert. I will always let my clients know if bathroom GFCI receptacles are not dedicated (and should be) and what else they do affect when tripped. Had a few similar to yours that were tied into other bathroom receptacles, lights etc.

1 Like

Is this for an InterNACHI class?

2 Likes

I had one a few weeks ago that all of the home’s GFCIs’ were tied back to a single receptacle in the basement. Even the outdoor ones. :scream:

3 Likes

Rather than " It also has been tested and found operable at the time of inspection." consider “If power goes out to the bath outlet, it will have to be reset in the bedroom. An electrician can separate these circuits for you, as would be done in new construction”.

I understand, that is your style. Since you are asking for feedback, you could cut it down a bit. You could easily remove “has been tested” and just say operable.

Even further, you could just tell them how they are interconnected as an FYI.

1 Like

I walk them through and demonstrate the process. When needed. but thx for the suggestion