Goodman tonnage

I know the pic sucks but I have 5 ton. It was a 1700 split foyer and the hvac guy said it was sized properly. I have discussed this with other hvac people and they said NO! Is 5 ton correct? the compressor had a 50 amp max breaker and a reversing valve the size of the space shuttle

It’s hard for me to tell by the serial or model number, but going by the RLA, I’d estimate it as a 3.5 ton…unless it’s a newer high efficiency unit…then it’d be a 5 ton.

If the house has single pane windows and no insulation at all it might be. A regular 1700 sq. ft. split foyler would have about 2 1/2 ton unit on it.

Yes I know that. I wanted to confirm the size in the photo. It’s usually the 4th and 5 digits in the model number which is 60. Around here roughly 650 a ton.

I spoke with the guy who looked at it and he said “itsa little oversized but ittle be awright”. OK cheif your the licensed individual. :roll:

Its a five ton unit Sean…unless I’m missing something.

Yes, it is…

Thank You!!

I told the girl to get a second opinion but its up to her now. I did my job.

It just irritates me that some goober said its Kosher even with the old windows. She plans on replacing them soon as well.
](,)](,)](,)](,)

So you didn’t believe me eh?

Here’s a chart for reference.

Thanks!

what’s a ‘split foyer’?

A very popular style home in my area especially in the 70s and 80s and still built today.

http://www.google.com/search?q=split+foyer+vs.+split+entry&hl=en&client=opera&hs=uRL&rls=en&channel=suggest&prmd=imvnsfd&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=Z22UToWoI-mPsQLcpsnvAQ&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1400&bih=746