Got a questions

Originally Posted By: swalker
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Ok well I have my first paid inspection set up for Sat. and want to make sure I have all my duckies in a row. Over the next few days I may ask a few question.

1. If I have the client sign the NACHI home inspection agreement will that cover me as far as the agreement goes or do I need to have them sign something else also?

thats the only one I got now, Im sure ill have more

Thanks
Steve

Originally Posted By: jbehling

You shouldn’t be doing any inspections until you have a lawyer in your area look at your contract, amongst other things. There are area specific details that need to be included.

Jason.

Originally Posted By: jstewart1

oh yeah , thats all, good luck. BTW do you have an attorney on retainer? icon_lol.gif whats the other question?

Originally Posted By: chorne

Steve,

Your question isn’t clear. What other document are you

referring to?

Carla

BTW Good luck!

Originally Posted By: swalker

I dont know, thats why I asked the question. Do I need any other documents besides the inspection agreement?

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

The client should sign a copy of whatever home inspection agreement you choose to use. I don’t use the NACHI agreement as my lawyer said it wasn’t protective enough in my state. I would not do any inspection, ever, unless I had a competent attorney review all of my documentation for an inspection. That includes the inspection agreement, report, worksheet and any other information which you will put in with your report. Any and all of those items can be used in court should you ever have the unfortunate experience of getting sued.

The client should also sign the check he gives you as payment. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)