great new website for online inspection forms

Originally Posted By: James Brown
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I found a great site that has all the software on there server. All you do is fill in the form and it is e-mailed to your address (and on there server). you can fill in a inspection report on line at home or at a wireless internet cafe at your leisure. Setting up an account is free and each report is only $5 bucks! (you get 25 free reports to play with).

check it out at www.reporthost.com

also, they are based in Washington and they have wood destroying inspection forms! The best and cheapest inspection forms I have found yet.

Originally Posted By: dvalley

James Brown? Welcome Aboard!

Where ya been? In jail?

Owwwwwww....I feel good. da na na na nah.

Just bustin ya, James. I'm sure you're not the singer. Nice name though.

I was told about this site and took a look at it. It's a good option for some inspectors. I personally like my own reports and storing them elsewhere.

David Valley

http://www.nachi.org/newenglandchapter.htm
email us at: newengland@nachi.org

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

What do you want to bet that James Brown is a nom de guerre for someone connected with reporthost trying to slide their product in front of us.

Geeze, how stupid do they think we are.

A little honesty goes a long way!

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi to all,

like others i'm a little suspisious of "James Brown" oppologies if I'm wrong, but not withstanding that I did try out the reporthost system on one report it is not a bad system but I found it a little querky to use, no doubt if I spent more time on their site I could adapt to it.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: Jim Gallant

Hello,

I'm Jim Gallant, one of the founders of ReportHost (and a home inspector in WA state too). I can say with all certainty than no ReportHost employee submitted the post by "James Brown". Also no ReportHost employee encouraged, directed or suggested to anyone that they submit such a post. While I can't help but appreciate James Brown's comments, I'd also appreciate him better identifying himself.

Gerry, and all others who are trying ReportHost, please let us know if there are features in ReportHost that you'd like to see changed, added removed, whatever. We're a relatively new service and we try to be highly responsive to the needs of our inspectors. Because we're web based, we can release new features quickly and with no action needed on your part. So your feedback is much appreciated.

-Jim Gallant
ReportHost staff

gbeaumont wrote:
Hi to all,

like others i'm a little suspisious of "James Brown" oppologies if I'm wrong, but not withstanding that I did try out the reporthost system on one report it is not a bad system but I found it a little querky to use, no doubt if I spent more time on their site I could adapt to it.

Regards

Gerry

Hi Jim and welcome to the forum

As you may or may not know this site takes no paid advertising but you are more than welcome to post here about your companies product which is a very interesting concept, as you know I have tried it and found it somewhat awkward to use and edit, also I could not figure out how to embed a link to the photographs in the report. personally I found the system rather frustrating to use, but good luck with its future developement

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Originally Posted By: Jim Gallant

Thanks Gerry,

Nice to be here. I just read about the NACHI online exam and plan to join when my kids allow me enough peace and quiet to take the test. :-)

To make a link to a photo, assuming you've uploaded photos, you need to write captions for them first (the next step in the menu after the upload step). Then a list box with the photo numbers appears next to each concern. You can select one or more photos for each concern by clicking, shift+clicking, or ctrl+clicking photo numbers. There's a link at the top of the page to open a new window that shows you all your photos, so you can correlate the photo number to the photo. It's actually pretty easy, and is described in detail in a tutorial.

I think being more familiar with how ReportHost works might ease your frustrations, and at some point (hopefully soon) we'll be going on the road for training sessions. As both an inspector and a software developer I've had the opportunity to use ReportHost on a daily basis, fine tuning it frequently for ease of use and speed. I don't want to digress to much in this forum, but if you'd be willing to email me off-line with other issues you've had then I'll make efforts to revise our system and/or improve our help text.

-Jim Gallant
ReportHost staff

gbeaumont wrote:

As you may or may not know this site takes no paid advertising but you are more than welcome to post here about your companies product which is a very interesting concept, as you know I have tried it and found it somewhat awkward to use and edit, also I could not figure out how to embed a link to the photographs in the report. personally I found the system rather frustrating to use, but good luck with its future developement

Originally Posted By: rsummers

Jim Gallant wrote:
Thanks Gerry,
I used ReportHost on my last inspection and thought it was great. I was able to send the report to the realtor and client thru e-mail and had no printing expense. The five dollar fee is not so bad considering I would usually spend $4.00 on paper work. All I need now is time to customize to fit my needs.
Thanks for the 25 free reports.
Nice to be here. I just read about the NACHI online exam and plan to join when my kids allow me enough peace and quiet to take the test. ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

To make a link to a photo, assuming you've uploaded photos, you need to write captions for them first (the next step in the menu after the upload step). Then a list box with the photo numbers appears next to each concern. You can select one or more photos for each concern by clicking, shift+clicking, or ctrl+clicking photo numbers. There's a link at the top of the page to open a new window that shows you all your photos, so you can correlate the photo number to the photo. It's actually pretty easy, and is described in detail in a tutorial.

I think being more familiar with how ReportHost works might ease your frustrations, and at some point (hopefully soon) we'll be going on the road for training sessions. As both an inspector and a software developer I've had the opportunity to use ReportHost on a daily basis, fine tuning it frequently for ease of use and speed. I don't want to digress to much in this forum, but if you'd be willing to email me off-line with other issues you've had then I'll make efforts to revise our system and/or improve our help text.

-Jim Gallant
ReportHost staff

gbeaumont wrote:

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Thanks for coming on with the honest approach, Jim. I hope it works well for those who chose to use it.

Is there a demo available on the site that will let people play with it to become familiar enough to decide if that's what they want to use.

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Jim:

Welcome to the board. Gerry is correct. We do not accept paid advertising but very much welcome any product or service provider to come here and tell us about they do.

We do have opportunities to promote your product aside from the message board. Here's what you can do:

1. Author a press-release offering NACHI members some modest discount. Samples of other company's releases are at http://www.nachi.org/deals.htm I will add it to that page, announce it myself in a separate post on this board, and put it in http://www.nachi.org/whats_new.htm

2. Offer free demos to members who have upcoming chapter meetings. A list of upcoming meetings is on our home page and at http://www.nachi.org/events.htm Also a full-version to give away as a door prize might be an idea too. Member feedback will improve your software and their comments will promote your business.

I don't think a week goes by where someone doesn't offer NACHI a pile of $$$ to buy a banner add or an official endorsement or something. Our http://www.nachi.org/stats.htm make this the place to advertise. These fine companies are only trying to get their product out there. However we're happy to promote it for no charge. We want to know about everything that's out there, not just the products and services willing or able to buy advertising. This no-paid-advertising policy is costly to NACHI, frustrating for the vendor, but beneficial to our visitors and members.

Nick

HI all HI’s yes…I am James Brown I was born in 1955 when the singer was only 12 and my mother (Lois) did not know of him. My father (Elmer) was a carpenter all his life and taught me many trics of the trade before I joined the Navy to fly aircraft. after a short 20 year sent I thought the home inspection business should be one heck of a business to get into.

I struggled with the ASHI side of the house till I discovered NACHI. I took the test and passed it first time in the upper 80% range (i think). and love this forum and organization. My company is called Pacific Inspection out of Bellingham Washington. My intent was to share my excitement with the new inspection report site. Im sure, to some, that it might sound like a plug but it’s not.

I use a Macintosh ibook and downloading pics and navigating there site is very easy for me. If anyone wants training on how to operate there computer and/or camera please contact me.

I will be joining NACHI soon (waiting on insurance) and look forward to working with all the professionals in this dynamic and exciting profession.

BTW my middle name is Taylor, so YES I HEARD THEM ALL!!!

Thanks J.T.Brown, Pacific inspections

Hi James and welcome, sorry to be such a synic thanks for the post on this topic and good luck with your start up.

it’s lucky that you found bthis product as i don’t know of any other product you could use with an imac.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

http://www.nachi.org/reporthost.htm

Nick