Heavy duty camera

Here’s a nice camera that every home inspector needs. Especially the ones like me that drop them at least once during each inspection.

Fuji Big Job

Brian, the best price I found for this camera was over $600 . . . and having only dropped only one camera off the roof so far in the past 2 years, I think I’ll stick with the 129 dollars specials you find almost anywhere . . . and as we get into the Holiday Season, I’m sure prices will drop again . . . but, the camera does look nice!
Thanks for sharing.

$600 is alot for only 3 x on the zoom optical.

But the flash will shoot out there up to 10 meters…nice for those crawlspaces…and, I agree, an expensive bugger.

Your paying for the ruggedness and waterproofness, your photographing TPR valves and shingles, not the Great Wall of China. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s very pricey, way too pricey for me.

The Olympus Stylus 410 is a great camera (no longer in production). It has a sliding lens cover to keep crawl space dirt out of the mechanism. It’s water and dust resistant (you can actually rinse it off). And you can get it for about $100 used on Ebay. I droped mine from an attic entrance a few days ago and it still works like a charm. Has a macro feature for data plate photos. I keep 1 as a backup and like it so much I bought my wife one for her purse.