A recent thread on the InterNACHI message board (started by a non-member) contained a rumor which lead many vendors to believe that InterNACHI would promote their products and services in return for only 25% of the new sales we generate for vendors.
This false internet rumor caused InterNACHI to get bombarded from inspection industry vendors who “wanted in on the deal” thinking InterNACHI could generate them new sales.
Unfortunately, when a deal sounds too good to be true, it’s usually because it is.
There simply is no financial way for InterNACHI to generate new sales for vendors in return for only 25% of those sales, especially on the low-ticket-price products and services commonly used by inspectors… just not enough money in it to cover our costs. We have deleted the thread from our message board and apologize to any vendor who was mislead by it.
We realize that the current economic situation is particularly difficult on inspection industry vendors and we want to help. We are developing some options, above and beyond the free promotion that we currently provide vendors, that would cover our costs, provide a little left over funds to support InterNACHI member projects, and still be considered high-value to vendors. We hope to announce them soon.
Be assured that nothing we offer will eliminate the existing free exposure that vendors have always enjoyed. Providing free access to our members is almost unheard of in other trade associations of any industry, but we feel that our members benefit by having all options available to them. We encourage you to take advantage of this free exposure and want to assure you that we will continue to provide it to vendors into the future, at no charge:
- Access to the inspection industry’s most popular message board (170 times the traffic of the next most popular). InterNACHI’s message board has over 20,000 registered users and gets as many as 400 posts an hour. All inspection industry vendors can read and post with almost no limit. www.nachi.org/forum/
- Inclusion in InspectorMall.com. Provided that you offer an unbeatable, exclusive deal or discount to InterNACHI members, InterNACHI will link to you from the mall. www.InspectorMALL.com
- Exposure with the Daily Door Prize. InterNACHI will give away your product or service as part of InterNACHI’s Daily Door Prize. Many play, many watch, only one wins. It is a great way to gain exposure in the inspection industry. www.nachi.org/dailydoorprize.htm
- Use of InterNACHI’s Superior Product Seal. Approval required. www.nachi.org/productseals.htm
- Use of InterNACHI’s Superior Service Seal. Approval required. www.nachi.org/productseals.htm
- Use of InterNACHI’s Approved Education Seal. Available to schools and trainers who offer educational opportunities to inspectors. www.nachi.org/educationseal.htm
Best wishes to all inspection industry professionals for 2009.