After reading the ASHI / ITA thread it seems there are several (or perhaps a few with several posts) members who are opposed to any type of state lic / reg. I don’t understand why anyone would be opposed to licensing statues IN GENERAL.
A GOOD Statute should:
- Require an exam for all inspectors (perhaps yearly – bi-yearly)
- Require initial education (60-80-120 hrs?)for new inspectors
- Waive the initial education requirement for experienced (100-200-300?) inspectors WHO PASS THE EXAM.
- Require continuing education for ALL inspectors
- Allow current and future inspectors a choice in where to receive their education
- Have a SOP that must be followed by all inspectors
- Have the “teeth” to hold Inspectors accountable for their actions / inaction’s
So my questions to you:
Are you opposed to all legislation regarding HI?
Are you opposed to BAD legislation?
What constitutes BAD legislation in your eyes?