Help with mold problem?

Find another doctor, there is no guarantee he will treat you as you have and are being treated by your current doctor. I would be inclined to have a very frank discussion with your current doctor. He should know exactly how you feel about his services.

No offence, but time you started to complain loudly. After all we are talking about your mental health, pyhsical health and health of your indoor environment. Not to mention other family members.

If you ask me your insurance company and doctor may be in collusion with one another. Tell your doctor you want action, you are tired of ***** footing around the issues and you don’t like his treatment of your conditions.

Heather,

Envirobay is right in your area. The following article is very interesting and contains a lot of important information regarding MOLD. This company may be another information source that you may want to contact with further questions about MOLD in your home.

](http://www.envirobay.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=12)

Thank you. That is most helpful indeed.
Heather

I have another question. Does anyone here know what type of mold can grow underwater? I know that there aren’t many, but I have been told that there are a few, and I am dealing with one now. I want to know what it is.
Here is a picture for you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v362/luv4lestat/heather/Tulsa%20Home/FB-Feb2520067.jpg

Although you can’t really tell from the photo, there are hair like things growing up in the water. This is the second time this has happened in this bathroom, and we do not use that toilet at all. In fact, we rarely use that bathroom, because of the smell. I DO clean it constantly however, and spray Lysol in there almost every day. Whatever that is, it grows in the span of about 48 hours. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Stacy

Looks like algae. There might be something in the water promoting its growth. Have you had your water tested for phosphates and other type so nutrients?

I’ll bet that that is just an algea build-up from the insides of the waste pipe. If you are not using this bathroom, the waste pipe (under the toilet) will tend to accumulate all sorts of buildup from non-use. When and if you flush this toilet, the buildup just floats back into the toilet.

Are you on a well or municipal supply? When was the last time you tested the water if you are on a well? If you are on a well have you ever chlorinated it?

i agree with the algae. a water test will help. Nitrates and Nitrites are byproduct of fertilizers and some decaying materials (animal waist, high nutrient soils etc.) this can leach into water supplies and promote the growths. next time you clean the bowl, try puttin a cup or so of strait bleach in it to see if it retards or stops the growth. it’ll help with the smell too.

Stacey, e-mail and fax all the press and tell them you will be holding a press conference at certain day and time and see who shows up.

If I may suggest a better alternative to bleach is 6 percent Hydrogen Peroxide.

Thank you all for your replies. As far as I know, it is not a well, it is a municipal water supply. My apartments are right next to the Arkansas river though, and every once in awhile, there is a pretty bad smell outside too, coming from the river. I wonder if it is possible for the river to have gotten into the water supply somehow??
I will definately tell the apartments to test the water. I think that could very easily explain the smell. The smell is constant now, but on the rare occasions that I have used the bath tub in that bathroom, it is much worse.
As for the press conference idea, I will give that some consideration as well, and if things don’t improve soon, I will give it a shot.
Thanks again, you guys are great.
wink Stacy

no sweat.