HG & Mac's

We bought a Mac because grandkids use it at their school and thought when they come here OR we go there it might be useful.

Contrary to what people have told us … To us its NOT intuitive or user friendly. The only thing intuitive is the power cord and on/off button.

Thought I’d download HG and play with it on there as I’ve heard others say the used HG on a Mac.

When I downloaded HG, I got a message telling me that they were not Windows compatible … Is there something else you have to do before downloading HG

I don’t know about Home Gauge but when we bought our Macs there were about 10 or 12 free 1 to 1 1/2 hour classes to familiarize new users with the Macs and setting, etc.

Are you taking the classes, if your store offers them?

If not ask your grandkids. :smiley:

Homegauge doesn’t run on Mac OS.
You can load Parallels, or another Windows emulator.

Dom.

I have a Mac and Parallel is installed. HG works just fine. It’s like having the best of both worlds PC and Mac in one computer.

Same here. And as far as office and other applications that offer versions for both operating systems, they’re pretty much the same. The location of commends is a little different. I made the switch from PC to Mac while I was in InterNACHI’s office every day and it’s a big help to have someone handy to answer questions when you first make the switch.

After about 8 years on a PC and now 10 years on a Mac I much prefer Macs, mainly because I no longer have the virus problem that I had with PCs, and they’re better for dealing with images and video.

It really depends on where you are, too. Some parts of the country are still PC heavy.