HI Locator at InNews

Originally Posted By: dvalley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Locator?

Just curious if it works. Does anyone get leads?

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

I thought about it until I saw the cost per click rate…also, it doesn’t show up very high on search engines…for me anyway.

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: jbushart

That is an interesting question, David. I wonder if, when some of Hannigan’s Hooligans list themselves on that locater, they go by their real names or by the pseudonyms they hide under when blogging and posting on MBs. It must get terribly confusing for some of them.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

There is a former NACHI member by the name of Dan Harris who, at the H6 board, asked me to convey the following:

"By the way, You may want to pass on to the members at the nachi board.
Yes Brians inspector locator service is effective, in fact two times plus more effective than nachis locator and you only pay if the customers name is forwarded to you."

What is the cost of the “click”?

I looked into this yesterday and they want an up-front fee (bank account deposit) that they can simply deduct as the clicks go through.

So I take it, NACHI member's do not utilize this service as our Inspector searches work much better and get much more exposure.

James,

Dan needs to wake up and smell the money if he seriously thinks he's getting double the prospects than we get through our searches. ![](upload://7GBzTMRZc7nmxEH37MrCJS8m63s.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Locator and they declined me.

This is the email I received....

Your membership application has been Declined.
We have analized your application and found that your level of experience and training is below our minimum for accepance in our directory.
If you feel you have met the minimum requirements for a listing you may send an email message to admin@homeinspectorlocator.com .

Thank you.

Brian Hannigan
President
Hann Tech Marketing Links / Home Inspector Locator

BELOW OUR MINIMUM FOR ACCEPTANCE IN OUR DIRECTORY ???????
I've been in the business for over two years and have performed over 1100 inspections. (Again, one thousand one hundred inspections) If that's not enough experience to be listed, then maybe I should wait ten more years in order to meet their standards. Such a huge loss, huh?
![](upload://uuWsHouhiv8DDTXYOv4v7l9bwj8.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Although you have been doing inspections for that long, your new company has not.

A technicality, but true.

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

It’s not even in the top 100 thousand sites, in fact it’s not even in the top 1 million sites:

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=homeinspectorlocator.com

Furthermore the bulk of the visitors that make up what traffic they have go to a sign up page... not a page that locates you.

Furthermore the bulk of those vistors are not consumers (poor lead quality), they are other inspectors as it is advertised on the top of a home inspection message board (not typically visited by consumers).

Furthermore, he actually has the nerve to charge you per junk lead. You'd be better off paying click-thru fees for your own personal website at pennies per click-thru... promoting your site... not his.

P.S. I found a much better message board: www.Inspectionews.com ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: dkeough

Hey Dave

I have been on the site for almost a year. The site has given me enough leads that I will stay for awhile. Everytime you get a lead it costs you $2 I believe. Whenever I get a bogus lead from someone accidentally sending a request while just searching for info, I email Brian and he credits the account. I have not looked at the latest numbers that I have, but I believe I received over 50 leads and sold 18 of them. Some were just price shopping.
Hope this helps

Dave Keough

Originally Posted By: aslimack

I’ve been over there probably 8-10 months. I’ve gotten as many as i have from the NACHI site. 2 apiece as i remember. I’ve been on the NACHI site a little longer.

Adam, A Plus