Hole in attic

Found a hole in the wall in the attic. Unit is a townhouse and I believe it is a firewall. How would you write this?


If it’s a partition wall between two townhomes, it’s pretty simple.

“A hole was found in the partition wall between the townhomes. This wall is a fire separation wall. The hole should be repaired.”

I see this fairly regularly at multiplex units and town houses in this area. It is a convenient way that your neighbor has found to break into your home through the attic and steal you TV. Call it out as a defective fire wall that needs repair.