A Southern Maryland home inspection firm, in business for 18 years, is seeking to add a home inspector to their staff in preparation for a busy Spring season. Their home inspectors provide residential inspection services, including identifying mechanical and structural defects, as well as informing and educating the home buyer in verbal and written format about the condition of the property. This is a well-established and fast-growing home inspection operation looking for top-notch people living in Southern Maryland, particularly in Calvert, Prince George’s, and Anne Arundel Counties.
The company is dedicated to training and mentoring their employees and they have a solid career plan and business systems in place. And they have the growing business to accommodate the hiring of additional inspectors as part of their 2017 plan. This company offers a competitive pay scale, perks, incentives to increase income, and a positive team environment and company culture. The company also provides a company vehicle once the inspector is up and running independently. The company provides a smart phone and computer; the inspection software runs from an app on the phone.
This company wants their inspectors to only do inspections and ancillary services, and will not be required to perform administrative, sales, or marketing tasks. They have marketing reps and office staff who believe in taking good care of their inspectors.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have met or in the process of meeting Maryland’s Home Inspector licensing requirements. (Experienced inspectors also welcome to apply.)
- Have a basic knowledge of construction or experience with remodeling, handyman/do-it-yourself projects, or a related trade such as electrical, plumbing, etc. An engineering background is a definite plus.
- Be personable and easy-going with the strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively and professionally to all stakeholders in a real estate transaction.
- Have an attitude of service, that is, a willingness to help others and go the extra mile for customers and co-workers.
- Be attentive to detail technically with the ability to discern client personalities quickly.
- Have ambition for personal and professional success.
- Be a sponge when it comes to learning, and have the ability and passion to learn quickly. This company will train the ideal candidate equipping them with the knowledge and skill needed for a very rewarding and lucrative career.
- Have a professional, clean-cut, well-groomed appearance.
- Enjoy working in a family oriented, team focused, friendly work culture.
- Possess excellent computer skills and ability to learn reporting software.
- Experience in the home inspection profession is favorable but not required to apply.
Compensation is $100 per day during the training phase. The length of the training phase depends on the experience of the individual and their ability and desire to learn. After training is complete, the compensation is commissioned-based with generous incentives to increase earning potential.
Apply on our website at www.InspectorRecruitingPlus.com/jobs