Home Security Offering

As a new inspector I am sifting through the list of other companies that want to “partner” with me. The latest is secure 24. If I refer them to a paying client I will receive $200. My initial thought is that I don’t like the idea of me giving my clients contact info out only to potentially have to go through a hard sell for a security system.

If a client is interested in a home security system I don’t mind connecting them with the home security company.

Thoughts? Any guidance would be appreciated. I did read an older post that was 6 years old but would like more current thoughts.

You never want to share you client info with anyone.

4 Likes

Have you ever bothered to reasearch the FEDERAL LAWS regarding your responsibilities to safeguard your clients personal information? No? Most inspectors haven’t. I would strongly urge you to do so!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the info guys!

^^^^^This^^^^^

And to add to it…NEVER!

They called me for the longest, and it was usually at a bad time. Apparently I was eventually rude enough for them to quit calling.

What are your thoughts about asking the client if they are interested in a security system and if they are connect them with the security provider?

Why would you want to do that, Jesse?

Feel like this way I am only passing along a client contact if the client is interested and I could make $200.

Jesse, IMO this is unethical and in conflict with the code of ethics.

2 Likes

Do it if you want .
It just makes the inspection process more complicated than it already is.
Stick to finding and doing inspections.

1 Like

Can anyone that has participated with the referral program with Secure24 describe their experience? Have you received any payouts?

https://www.bbb.org/us/mo/saint-louis/profile/security-system-monitors/secure-24-0734-310359208/customer-reviews

Better Business Bureau is advising consumers to use caution when considering doing business with Secure 24.
https://www.bbb.org/us/mo/saint-louis/profile/security-system-monitors/secure-24-0734-310359208/complaints

1 Like

I had a hard time with getting a security company to quit calling me. The guy was annoying and always managed to call at a bad time. I believe that’s it’s a conflict of interest and found out that the guy decided to target the agents that I was working with who weren’t appreciative either.

I never used those types of things over the years and I’m glad that I didn’t and so were my clients, without knowing it. :smile:

1 Like

I had a difficult time trying to stop the calls as well, I can only assume it is the same for our clients. I don’t want to be associated with that!

But I highly recommend my competition participates in the program :grinning:

Yikes!!! Thank you.