Home tune up inspections

Originally Posted By: rreinhart
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Have you heard of this service?

http://www.hometuneup.com/

I sent for their info package. Its pretty straight forward. The inspector will document the energy related home systems, AC, Heat, Insulation, Windows, etc on a separate form.(he already evaluates all the items) Home tunup puts the data in a computer program that spits out a report detailing estimated cost & payback for various upgrades.

They recommend charging $75 $100 for the service. They charge $20 for the report.

I don't envision alot of sales. However, I can see a scenario where I offer this as a "Free Service valued at $100" Since I would have minimal extra cost / effort invested, it would be equivalent to a $20 coupon.

--
Randy Reinhart
All-Clear Home Inspection Ltd.
614/668-8979
all-clear@sbcglobal.net
www.prosightpi.com/allclear.htm

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Randall, that is an interesting idea they have. Maybe I’ll look into it more in the coming year.

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: dbush

For those that will be at the NACHI Convention in January, they will have a booth set up there as a vendor.

Dave

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: jpope

Here in CA, and maybe other places, many inspectors offer “Energy Star Compliance” inspections. Sound pretty close to the same thing.

Not much of a market for them from what I've seen, but not a bad item to have in your tool bag.

--
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
"At JPI, we'll help you look better"
(661) 212-0738

Originally Posted By: osmith

Its new to me, but unfortunately - most things are at this point in my new career.

Originally Posted By: rsummers

I tried to market this service with my home inspections it did not get me any extra work and was not asked for. I couldn’t give them away as a free gift with a paid inspection I sent out over 50 gift certificates and not one was returned. I know that in areas these could be marketed here is a link.

http://www.energycheckup.com/content/myrep_new.asp?Inspid=49300005&Rid=1&LName=Brown

Originally Posted By: ssmith3

Market it as an entirely separate type of inspection.

Home energy inspections for homeowners! "Save upwards of 20% on your home energy bills! Contact [insert company name here] for more information and details on this exclusive offer.

Just got my training for it and will be doing my first one soon. I am doing a "maintenance" inspection for a homeowner that would like to know the condition of his house. I will tell him I am adding a $300.00 home energy inspection for him for free. All I ask is that he tell at least 2 people about the energy inspection.

My plan is to advertise these as a completely separate inspection and NOT an add on service.

Scott Smith

Marinspection

Vice President NorCal NACHI Chapter

I graduated from collage. Now my life is all mixed up.