Homebuyers Beware: Becoming a Certified Home Inspector Onlin

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

The point is that the ASHI/PHIC inspector was charging your fellow inspectors an outrageous mentoring fee to have them work for free.

MENTORING!!!???? other inspectors????

He needs to get a mentor not charge for being one.

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: Dave Bottoms

Originally Posted By: eporter

gromicko wrote:
The point is that the ASHI/PHIC inspector was charging your fellow inspectors an outrageous mentoring fee to have them work for free.

MENTORING!!!???? other inspectors????

He needs to get a mentor not charge for being one.

Completely irrelevant to what I wrote. Surprised? I think not.

--
------------------------------------------------
"Inspecting this home like I'm buying it myself."

Ed Porter
Cornerstone Home Inspection Services, Inc.
Grand Haven, MI

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Dave Bottoms wrote:
nothing is ever going to change

Many, many, and many of us are counting on that. We did not become a member of the greatest association in the world just to let a few malcontents change it on us.

NACHI rules!!!!!

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: rcooke

So strange how Those on the outside on NACHI think they see where we are so wrong. I just guess we are happy and many see how much help is given to all ( Members and non members ) that NACHI continues to grow and other association remain stagnant .

I wonder if other associations decided to help all members and non members would they then start to expand .

I do like the open door policy and It is obvious others do to as they keep visiting and trying to tell us our faults.

Roy Cooke sr . A full time inspector who charges what he is worth.

Originally Posted By: rbrown1

I do not see anywhere it saying that a person becomes a:

Certified Home Inspector!

All that being said, I do believe, most people believe, that by passing the on-line exam they (or home inspectors) believe they are Certified Inspectors.

Amazing!

--
Bob Brown
President NACHI Du-Ka Chapter ON. Canada
NACHI Cell: 1-484-429-5465

ACISS Home Inspections
bob@aciss.biz

Certified Adult Training Services
www.certifiedadulttrainingservices.com
info@certifiedadulttrainingservices.com

Dave Bottoms wrote:
rcooke wrote:
So strange how Those on the outside on NACHI think they see where we are so wrong.
Roy Cooke sr .

Hmmm... lets see: another no-nothing reporter becomes a NACHI Certified world's elite home inspector yet freely admits that he knows nothing about home inspection and that his viewers certainly don't want him inspecting their homes. I guess you're right, I do think that's dead wrong. Thank god that could NEVER happen with OAHI or CAHPI.

Dave

Gee how strange it is this reporter made a report about how poor an inspection that was done and all would think he was talking about NACHI because he took the exam to join NACHI . The person who they showed doing the inspection was not a NACHI member he is an elite Registered Home Inspector a member of ASHI . This is the same association OAHI is affiliated with .
Now you know the rest of the story !
====================================
ASHI : Homebuyers/Sellers
Find a Home Inspector
Thomas Laurito
J.L. Camp Inspection Services, Inc.
Monaca, PA 15061
(724) 495-2331 http://www.jlcampinspections.com
Thomas Laurito is an ASHI Inspector who has met the rigorous requirements to be a provider of The ASHI Experience, a professional home inspection that combines the highest technical skills with superior customer service. Use the contact information form below or call the home inspector directly to ask questions and schedule your home inspection.
Roy Cooke sr.
I saw how great an association NACHI is so did like many others are doing and Joined, never been sorry .

Dave Bottoms wrote:
jbushart wrote:
Dave Bottoms wrote:
nothing is ever going to change

Many, many, and many of us are counting on that. We did not become a member of the greatest association in the world just to let a few malcontents change it on us.

NACHI rules!!!!!

LOL... That's the spirit, fight to the death to keep that bar as low as possible. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Dave

If you belonged to this association, Mr. Bottoms, your opinion might be of more value to us. You spend too much time visiting this web site for anyone to believe that you do it out of concern for the poor, misguided (and certified) NACHI member.

We welcome your visits and hope you gain something of value each time you do. Your messages don't fool anybody. You want to be a part of this association so bad, you choose to associate this way instead of no way at all.

You are not alone. Many of you do this, and it's okay. Our numbers continue to grow and we continue to keep an objective view of ourselves so that we can continue to provide more and more for ourselves as members.

NACHI has its weaknesses, as all associations in all industries do. Unlike other home inspection associations and societies, however, we have more strengths and more positive things to offer our members. That's why we continue to grow.

Visit often and leave any criticism you feel the need to make. We will continue to ignore the majority of your posts and pick out an idea that we can use from the rest.

Take the exam and, if you pass, send in your dues. Become a member and enjoy the full benefits instead of staring at us from outside the picture window as we enjoy our feast.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: rbennett

Point of reference

I can get a pilot license with less education than some want an HI to have and remember a new small plane cost more than most new houses

I can become a qualified "certified if you like the term" nuclear power plant operator with less education and experience that some want an HI to have

The Doctor of today has received more education and testing on line than he has received in a classroom and a lot of it is open book and he will be using a standard tongue depressor not only on you but your kids

The real point is HIs are taking it the butt to protects a select group that are on the other side of the rope -

HI is not rocket science it is SOP and a willingness to put ones butt on the line because insurance will not protect all errors - If we are to be around next year we probably have read all the postings on this site and HI for Dummies - plus "Nick's HI Marketing Basics"

If the certain readers of this thread do not understand the CE that I have presented here and thus understand Nick's point that he very clearly posted someone with better communication skills will assist with the additional CE -

Regards

Richard L Bennett
Home Inspector

-- My other background and qualifications are not relevant to this thread

Tell me, where does the promotion or advertising stop and lying begin?

That will be heatedly discussed for many years to come. This type of advertising won't stop until someone decides it has gone too far and someone takes a stand. When that person looks around he/she will feel very alone until the rest become accustomed to the change and once again unite.

This industry is self regulating for the most part, everyone has different views on how it should become regulated. Even Governments have trouble putting to paper what should be and what shouldn't.

Freedom of speech is OUR God given right and it has been written into law on both sides of the border. Thus, we will continue to stand united while we continuing to disagree.

The one thing we can agree on, is to agree, to disagree!

Therefore the debate continues.

--
Bob Brown

ACISS Home Inspections
bob@aciss.biz

Certified Home Inspector he then must join, then follow the guidelines set out to become a true N.C.H.I.

As stated, it in fact is only an entrance exam. A good HI will continue to learn through membership with an association that is willing to help it's members and provides Continuing Education at a low cost if not free where and when possible.

Understand that all associations offer good things and it is up to the individual to decide which one is better suited for himself.

No matter which association a person signs up with, there will be dues. That is the easy part. The hard part is staying involved and bettering oneself. Remember each inspection is in itself an education along with an exam. This is the most important thing to remember, because if you don't your client might and the exam might then be viewed by the Court rather than your peers.

The people who join this association and work toward bettering their career will sustain. The people that believe they can join and stay in business without furthering their education will soon find themselves out of business. That I believe will happen to those who join any association regardless of dues, or an entrance exam.

--
Bob Brown

ACISS Home Inspections
bob@aciss.biz

Originally Posted By: Billy Cola

greetings all, i was at an oahi meeting tonite and there were alot of members there that seemed to think that your first year of membership here at nachi was free. i found this quite odd. can anyone explain this to me?

Originally Posted By: aslimack

True last i knew. Maybe more than the first year…

Adam, A Plus

I paid for mine.

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: aslimack

You’ve more than earned yours Jim.

Adam, A Plus

Originally Posted By: Dave Bottoms

Dave continues to show how much he really loves NACHI .He stated the reason he quit is because of pear pressure. He is like the closet smoker wants to quit but can quite make it . He has to keep coming back for a fix . Unfortunately he does not pass on much of his knowledge to help others with his wisdom.

Gee Dave says some are coming on two years free membership .

I wonder who they could be I was about #15 in Canada and still a long way short of two years. I guess Dave knows more then me . Oh yes I paid for my membership and the returns are great.

Roy Cooke sr... RHI... RGI... CAHPI-ONT.. Royshomeinspection.com .

Dave Bottoms wrote:
rcooke wrote:
Dave continues to show how much he really loves NACHI .He stated the reason he quit is because of pear pressure. He is like the closet smoker wants to quit but can quite make it . He has to keep coming back for a fix . Unfortunately he does not pass on much of his knowledge to help others with his wisdom.
Gee Dave says some are coming on two years free membership .
I wonder who they could be I was about #15 in Canada and still a long way short of two years. I guess Dave knows more then me . Oh yes I paid for my membership and the returns are great.

Roy Cooke sr... RHI... RGI... CAHPI-ONT.. Royshomeinspection.com .

Are you simply unable to debate anything without getting personal? Attacking me won't stop the no-nothing reporters and other fly-by-night hacks from getting NACHI Certified.

Dave

Sorry Dave I think you should read this again No where am I attacking you . I am sorry if you must look for a double meaning in all posts .
Then again the truth just might be bothering you . I do think you do like NACHI with its free to all place to have a discussion , Help one another and generally enjoy each others postings. This is something that is missing in most other places.
Roy Cooke sr Another Happy NACHI member.

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

You guys having fun. Your boring the hell out of me. icon_rolleyes.gif

jbowman wrote:
You guys having fun. Your boring the hell out of me. ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

Sorry John It is so nice to see Dave come back to NACHI all the time . I can see some time in the future he will be back as a full member trying to help all.

Roy Cooke sr Royshomeinspection.com