Homehubzone

What if I don’t want the Full Concierge service?

If you don’t want the concierge service, you will have to downgrade to the HomeHubZone Reports version and pay $10 per inspection. Go to My Account in HomeHubZone and change your subscription level to HomeHubZone Reports. You will be asked to enter a credit card if your free period has ended.

As mch as I want to like HomeHubZone, I spent much of today checking out Spectacular. It seems promising without the worry of any advertising or widgets.

I use hub zone and love it. Very user friendly

Hey guys,

I have used HomeGauge, Home Inspector Pro, and Whisper Reporter.

I think Whisper Reporter is better than the other two because it is easier to create a custom template. I have spent weeks tweaking and modifying a template using Whisper, the idea being to take advantage of a slow down in business right now.

However, one day when I was going nuts and needed a break, I started messing with this HomeHubZone and I have to say that I really like the room by room feature along with the other features.

If you don’t mind paying 30.00 per month, you can avoid them spamming your client with adverts.

See here:

You still get “In Report Recall Notices and Links to Equipment Manuals”

The difference in pricing package options are available at the above link.

I like it too, but the $30 per month plan is going away. It will be $10 per inspection if you want to avoid the spam. I have not messed with it much lately. I have been spending my downtime playing with Spectacular instead.

Whisper reporter is a Texas thing.

$10 per inspection? That could add up to several thousand per year.

Classic bait and switch by a software scamming company.

FREE FREE FREE… Now that you have all your reports and protocols in place… $10 per report.

If this isn’t enough to dump the company before paying them a penny I don’t know what is. Switch to a stable software company with a proven track record. :roll:

“At some point you have to make money.”
-Mark Cuban

Yes they are out of San Antonio, great people BTW. But their software is used all over the US. They do have the Texas Templates. And their software is very easy to customize. I still like it over HomeGauge and HIP and have had a good deal of experience with each.

What drives me nuts is the report writing by by category when the inspection is done in a room by room pattern. I just cannot understand why the companies have not figured this out. They have it …well sort of. I anticipated a slow down for the winter, and decided to do much needed template maintenance this winter when I switched to Whisper. Whisper has a room by room feature, vut you need to set it up. I just saw this recently and played with it for a day and really like HomeHubZone’s approach.

Whisper will set you back 400.00 as an InterNACHI member and that it a one time cost you own it. The support is awesome as well.

Looking at Spectacular right now. Looks like a similar approach to HomeHubZone. They have a price plan by inspection or yearly I see.
Look forward to finding out what you learn about it.

I like Spectacular but…

I like how HomeHubZone integrates the room by room ispection into a system style report. For example if you find a bad outlet in the Master Bedroom, you add the concern to the Master Bedroom. HomeHubZone reports this under the “Electrical” section with “Master Bedroom” as the location.

If you report a bad outlet in Spectacular while in the Master Bedroom, it shows up under the section of the report titled “Master Bedroom” and not under the “Electrical” section.

I haven’t found the room by room thing to be useful in Spectacular. I find myself adding things by system because I like all of the electrical issues in my report to show up in one place, in the “Electrical” section.

That being said, I am leaning heavily toward Spectacular. HomeHubZone has made too many changes for me to feel comfortable and I refuse to spam my clients.

I know. Been doing a sample report and checking how it looks and it is sweet how it writes room by room then reports by system with the room indicated.

This is as close as I have ever seen a reporting software get to matching my vision of what it should be. do however like the idea of owning the reporting software. That to me is the only downside. I would opt to avoid having my clients get spammed as well and simply let them choose to opt in if they like. I think that is really the ideal scenario.

How does it look when you make the same comment in multiple rooms? For example, if smoke detectors are missing in 5 rooms, do you end up with 5 comments, or 1?

It puts it all on one comment and separates the locations with commas. I have attached a screenshot.

It looks like someone figured out how to convert room by room into system reporting. We had a very long thread about this a few months ago and the “major” software providers couldn’t figure out what many of us were describing.

Kind of, but not really. They’ve pulled the location completely out of the narrative. If you look back at that thread, the major discussion was how to do it logically and keep the location as well as other variables as part of the narrative. The method HHZ is using will work for some things like they’ve done but it’s going to make the report longer (locations are now a separate line for each issue) and doesn’t allow you to be more specific than the room (i.e. holes exist in drywall on West wall of the kitchen, wood paneling of South wall of the Master bedroom, etc).

The question is, will inspectors be satisfied with that or do they still want a way to transform multiple selected narratives with multiple variations of the narrative into a single narrative. If the answer is the narrative can be exactly the same and unchanged, and just add the location, then that simplifies the issue a ton versus what was being discussed in that long thread. There were some really good ideas in there though that we’ve been exploring and testing out but it’s a major, major project.

Thanks for answering. Yeah it is really nice. You do not even have to think about it really. Just go room to room and annotate.

From the screen shot of HHZ it looks like a good style, and the items being collated together is a nice feature. I must admit I have never heard of putting a smoke detector in a garage. Home Gauge has a room by room that goes general/electric/plumbing/hvac on the report summary, it could be tweaked a bit, due to separation by the location, making the section bigger than it could be.

It’d be nice, hopefully they will all get there.