House Detective

Originally Posted By: Joe Wright
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Just some FYI… There’s a pretty good show on HGTV, House Detective on Sat and Sun aftrenoons at 12:30. It’s a half hour show and they show 2 inspections per episode so it’s not real in depth but it’s not bad for some of us newbies to pick up a few tips.

Joe Wright

Originally Posted By: Fred Silva

Joe,

Just saw the show this weekend. I agree it's not bad. I'm a newbie so I look anywhere I can get some direction and information.

Thanks

--
Fred Silva

Originally Posted By: Joe Wright

Fred,

Another great place for free info and direction is the Library just added to NACHI. It’s a great addition to what I have come to realize is a great organization, especially for people like us trying to get into the business. I wouldn’t have a clue how to get into the business if it weren’t for this message board and NACHI’s support or at least wouldn’t be doing it the right way.

Joe

Originally Posted By: Fred Silva

Joe,

I agree. I borrowed a video and just mailed it forward to another NACHI member. Great simple system.

I also went on a ride along with another NACHI member last weekend. This is a great organization.

--
Fred Silva

Originally Posted By: adufresne

House Detective used to be on thursday nights at 8, was moved to the week end. have been watching it for almost a year. They film the complete home inspection then take the high-lights to show on TV. Of course they show all the bad things wrong with the house, if they showed all the good things they would not have a show. I think it’s great. I have now started recording them for future refrence. Armand QHIS

Originally Posted By: jremas

Now we need to get a very experienced NACHI member to do a “House Detective” segment. I wonder how they pick out the inspector for each segment? Wouldn’t that be nice.

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Jeff,

You have my vote. When are you going to call them?

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: jremas

I think Igor would have the personality for this. I don’t think anyone wants to see me or see Joe M with donut powder on his lips. How about it Igor?

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: nlewis

Hey, the guy on House Detective this past weekend almost looked like Vin Diesel. Well, he was bald anyway!

Two guys who have been on the show post at InspNews. Steve Rush and Marion Peeples. I asked Steve how he was chosen for the show. He said they contact the buyers first for permission and then get the O.K. from the H.I.

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Igor,

I’m sorry but the thought of you sliding down the banisters in heels and thong is just unbearable, icon_biggrin.gif It would end up “THE ROCKY HORROR INSPECTION SHOW” (lets do the mold count now !!). besides I think we need some else to show NACHI in its best profesional light, someone quiet, un-assuming, moderate and quietly spoken, … where is Joe M when you need him.

Gerry

All joking aside, I do not know if the show is still in production, but it may be worth NACHI contacting the producers to see if we could "help them out" with some inspectors. no doubt that with Nicks realtor connections he could offer them full pre-production support.

Gerry,

Joe M. is not photogenic person besides the fact that I hate having my picture taken. ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Robert Patterson

Joe,

You could always inspect your electrical on the show. Will demonstrate alternative electrical wirng procedures. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)
Bob

Bob,

I really thought the 1/2 inch copper tubing was a good idea. Why waste all that money on wire! Saves me making all those inline splices too! ![icon_razz.gif](upload://rytL63tLPMQHkufGmMVcuHnsuWJ.gif)

You are just sooooooooo jealous. Maybe someday you will as good as me!

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: Brian Maloney

Did Bob just suggest that Joe goes AC/DC?

Brian

--
Brian Maloney, NACHI
Valley Forge Chapter

Originally Posted By: adufresne

Went on HGTV, found address to contact, ( HDProduction@aol.com ) Here’s

the catch. You have to contact them and tell them why you want a home

inspection and what you think you will learn from it. You are put in a pool and if they pick you, THEY pick the inspector and you get a free home inspection. I don’t know how THEY pick the inspectors. I’ll see if I can find

out more from THEM.

Armand, Quality Home Inspection Services