How can you market successfully without using realtors?

Those who have done it, what is your strategy?

Figure it out

6 Likes

Social media is probably your best bet. Radio and TV is good but much more expensive. I wouldn’t waste too much on printed media like newspapers although you can run a few ads if your budget allows. Also make sure to give friends and acquaintances cards and stuff.

4 Likes

Thanks Ryan. Do you have experience with Google ads?

Yeah, I ran a few thousand dollars worth of Google ads my first year. Probably got me a few jobs. Doubt they paid for themselves though. The thing about Google ads (and even Facebook ads) is that there are so many settings and different variables you can change. I basically only focused on location and age because the rest was just too in-depth for me. Therefore, my ads probably weren’t directed at the perfect audience, which is critical.

Marketing without realtors is simply harder, less profitable and probably only works well for a part timer not interested in building a business, besides without realtors there would never be lovesongs. :wink:

2 Likes

Whether you market to them directly or indirectly, there’s going to come a point in time where you rely on realtor referrals for your business. You just have to remember, you’re working for the client not the realtor.

3 Likes

Think of marketing to realtors like delivering food for GrubHub with no tip.

5 Likes

Why no tip?

3 Likes

How would you do this? What have you considered? Just curious if you have applied critical thinking to the subject.

3 Likes

Critical Thinking?

3 Likes

That’s funny right there :smile:

3 Likes

Google ads and Facebook

Pass the courses to become a CPI. Everything else is…

cart

Otherwise, your questions are moot if your not even qualified to do the work.

2 Likes

I heard somewhere that 87% of the business for home inspectors is agent-driven. That would imply that the other 13% is what you could expect to garner from advertising directly to the consumer. My experience has been in alignment with those estimations.

Fits perfectly in line with the “90/10 Rule”…

Hey Jacob… Hope you’re paying attention!!

3 Likes

Thank you.

Very helpful thanks

I deal with agents for 5% of my business. I do zero advertisements and I’m booked solid until mid October.

7 Likes