How do you overcome the established Inspectors?

Very nice post David. Hope all heed your advice.

Hope all is good with you as much as possible.

Doing well Marcel, one day at a time.
We all have our issues as we age and our parts break! I hope yours are are being resolved. Some of us beat ourselves up more than others in life. Just have to change with the changes.

I still hear from the “Dirty Dozen” from time to time needing help with the big stuff. I have to decline because of being stuck to a machine 2 on and 1 day off. Can’t travel with that. Miss working with the guys!

Take care Dave. That really must be inconvenient, but better than the alternative.
I have mended pretty well, now it is just a matter of time when my other side needs replacement as far as hip and knee. They also are in bad shape, but no real pain yet.

Yup! Time does not heal all in that case!
Take care of what you got!

Greg, lots of good information below. I’m relatively new and so thought I’d share my recent experience.

Slow going at first for sure. Despite visiting I don’t know how many offices, attending luncheons, and knocking inspections out of the park, I was stuck on 1-2 per week. There were actually a few weeks scattered here and there where there were no jobs. I took this extra time to bolster my creds/foundation/education, etc. I finished my annual CE requirements, added mold to my repertoire, and began working on a few additional certs.

I continued visiting offices to drop off cards, pens, etc. I attended a luncheon here and there.

Then…the phone started to ring. I’ve stayed pretty booked for the past several months and the future is looking bright.

I believe the key is to trust in the process. None of this stuff is a magic wand. There is a waiting period involved (or at least there was in my case). All those tedious things you’ve been doing (driving from office to office to hand out cards, editing your templates, updating certificates, tweaking your social media and/or website, etc.) will start to pay off. There’s a formula to this thing…it’s not rocket science.

It sounds to me like you’ve been marketing yourself well. I recommend continuing doing what you are doing while incorporating some of the other suggestions from the comments. I caution you not to abandon what you’ve been doing.

Good gardens take a while to produce.

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll do fine.

Keith

I offered to find more defects than the other inspectors AND the Realtors flocked to me by the dozens