Humming AC

You should not be flipping breakers and mains.(period)
You should however test AFCI and GFCI in the panel.

Next time you shut off a working computer or trip an alarm system let me know.

How do you handle tripping a GFCI that doesn’t reset?

How do you handle tripping a GFCI were a freezer full of produce is installed in the garage and it won’t reset?

I always check for operating computers before I do anything in the home.

I ask the homeowner is there around if there is anything on that needs to be saved before I possibly shut things.

You test AFCI breakers, what if the computer is in the bedroom?

Alarm systems should not be armed when you’re inspecting the house anyway. I have had a few visits by the local PD in my time.

There is liability in everything we do!

GFCI and AFCI are supposed to be tested on a monthly basis.
That is the difference.

Do you also trace all circuits to make sure they are labeled properly?
I assume yes since this is on public and will make you look good.
Now read this.

If some of you guys did half the things you claimed to your inspections would be far longer than they are.

My average home takes over 4 hours.

LOL.

You should probably refrain from flipping snap switches, cause the lights might not come on again and who wants that kind of liability.

Pulling the handle on an electrical disconnect is hardly comparable to pulling breakers.

Back to my earlier question regarding the minimalist interpretation of the SOP: The InterNACHI SOP doesn’t call for checking for the presence of required disconnect means on mechanical devices and appliances, Do you guys comment on the lack of these devices or not, because it’s not spelled out in the SOP?

I carry a 50ft extension cord in my vehicle. Only once that I remember ever needing it. I left a note for the homeowner about the issue, and to call when it was corrected, so I could retreive my cord. He called the next day. Already had it repaired, and thanked me profusely for taking care of his possessions. Unfortunately, he moved out of state, so no inspection work from him. I do get a call from his realtor from time to time.

No, where does that come from?

If they are not labeled I reference that!?

There is a big difference in pulling a fuse block or shutting off a breaker verses to digging up a foundation!

OK ,so to get it straight you are referring to A/C fuse cartridge blocks and not main or subject panels inside the home ?

As far as circuit interrupters go I have never ever had one stick closed on testing.(have you?) be honest :slight_smile:

They either do not work already or stick in on position from all the ones I have ever done so far.

Silly question since having a disconnect at the compressor equipment is required and nobody here would cop to not noting or observing the absence of required material items.
We are all professional I hope.

great idea…i had that happen and didnt even occur to me to just grab my extension cord and run it inside till it was fixed.