I don't participate in recessions or market slowdowns. Neither should you.

Your def. there Ben? That’s what I’m saying. More power. :smiley:

MUst be def, did not hear you say a word. More power to you as well;

Oh my goodness! ROFLMAO!!!

The buyer. More power. Buyer’s market…aAAAAACK!

Still must be def, can’t hear you.

2007 forcasts for New Hampshire say 30,000 homes to be sold for a mere 7 billion dollar.

Whether a sellers or buyers market, or whoever has the power (yes I know the difference). The realtors are the ones who are always coming out better than everyone involved. That in itself needs to be changed.

I hope it don’t change for a while…:stuck_out_tongue:

That’s the exact reason I’m getting a real estate license…I would of made 500,000 in just commission at 3% this year just from the investors I inspect for.

The hell with inspecting anything, except looking at the love-shack for the investors before I make a purchase offer for them, all I need is that piece of paper stating “I’m a Buzzard”…now that is where the money is.

Anyway Ben…don’t draft any legislation for change quite yet, I’m jumping on the bandwagon.

Seriously, getting out of inspecting? I thought about it at one time, but the market here is lower priced, 300,000homes are not sold often here.

Ben,

I’m not getting out of anything, I’m just getting a real estate license so I can find the homes for my investors. Got to have MLS, and that license.

The market will always be good here, as long as the sun keeps shining.

I’ll have Brian inspect the hell out of them…:stuck_out_tongue:

Just today I inspected a little love-shack, I told the realtor if the buyer didn’t want it I’d take it…hell it was 10,000 below market and really just needs the shingles replaced.

Realtor will make 7,500 commission…I made 275.00 inspecting it. This realtor who is a friend of mine (and I don’t have many realtor friends) sold 7 home this week!!!..all you need is investors…which I already have.

Something is definitely wrong with the picture, I should of got the realtors license long ago.

With the way the Market is bouncing all around you really need to diversify your self in many other markets. IE. Radon,mold,energy audits etcetera. SO do not just make your self just a Home inspector. There is more money out there when the home inspections are slow.

Oh are you serious! Here I am all being secretive and all and you blurt it out!

I finished my training a couple weeks ago and will take my License Exam in about a week. I’m already hired by Windemere and they will pay me 7%com.and a 401k as well as paid vacation, medical/dental, and one transaction a year I get to keep the entire commission.

Part time, there isn’t a single salesperson in her office that didn’t make $75K last year!

Still going to run the inspection biz though, just not inspect them myself.

Congrats!!!:mrgreen:

Windermere here has over 500 homes listed that are over $500K and about 300 or more in the 1-3Mil range.

I let my RE license expire a few years ago, now I have to take the course and test over, no big deal, just a pain in the a$$.

I’m scared to death to take the test. Is it really horrid? I’ve been taking Rockwell’s Online course and I have the Cram so I “ought” to be prepared…

shiver

I got my RE License when I was 18…31 years ago…I thought it was easy then, but its much different now.

If you study conscientiously it no big deal.

Some of the realtors I inspect buildings for aren’t two and a half degrees above babbling idiots.

Makes you wonder if they should make the test a tad more challenging.

Maybe they let them take it open book?

My sis in law passed and I figured if she can…but then I figured that wasn’t all that christian of me to think.

Dale, where are you going to hang your license, will you have to disclose to all clients from that office that you do inspections for , that you are also a RE in that office?

Wendy, if you own the business and are a RE, you will also have to disclose that to all buyers, eh?

See, the probem here is the areas are too small. I get my license, and no other office would ever use me, afraid I would get their clients, or future clients. Small towns stink for that reason. Territorial. I have thought about geting the license, and then immediately retiring it for future use though.

Ben, I just want to sell property to the investors I work with, someone else can inspect it.

I would of inspected myself when I initially looked at it before wasting anyones time making an offer if major renovations are necessary. If there isn’t anything major wrong, let another inspector go over it with a fine tooth comb for a measly $275.00 (going rate here).

Do you work for investors now, if so, I would get the license, let someone else do the inspections after you already looked at the property, since you would know what repairs are needed and the costs involved for the repairs.

Investors don’t like their time wasted if at all possible making offers on property which need major renovations, if thats not what their looking for.

I see pissed off investors regularly, because some idiot realtor says this is a real beauty.

I’m not going to be inspecting my properties. But will most likely inspect properties for others in the office. And yes, I will disclose. I won’t get any special preferences as far as I know. I think we’ll just put my material out there with the other two companies, and give people a choice. Haven’t worked out all the details, but if indeed it is a difficulty then I will probably just let my inspector do inspections in other counties, not locally.

Ben, I would seriously get the license. It is very handy. But retiring it, not necessarily a good idea because you have to do 60 hours after it’s been defunct for a year and retake the test, which costs $130 per attempt (which is why I’m so anxious to pass it).