I need your recommendations

Originally Posted By: bwieczorek
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Because of so many back surgerys I need to find the lightest latter possible or quit this business. I need something that extends to 12-16 feet and weighs next to nothing. Price is no object, please send me any suggustions. If possible tell me where you saw it. icon_question.gif

Originally Posted By: sbyrnes

Bill,

Why not use that extended pole camera thing i read about somewhere on here. Stay off the ladders completely. Just a thought.

--
All Corners Home Inspections, Inc
Serving Pasco, Hernando, N. Pinellas & N. Hillsborough counties

Originally Posted By: rhinck

Extend & Climb telescopic alum ladder. Light weight, very easy to operate and feels secure under this big ole body.

Rick

Originally Posted By: dspencer

http://www.superstuffcentral.com/telestep/products.asp

Originally Posted By: rmoore2

Bill,

I assume you want the ladder for inspecting roofs...........

I walk some roofs.........but houses here in atlanta....some are really
step.....i don't take chances.........The way I do it is with the spectrascope........a camera on the end of a pole...........it works great it can extend out........to approx 25 or 30 feet...
Nick may help you..... contact him to see about the info on it.............
you might consider this, stay away from ladders for a while....... just a thought......

Good Luck

RM

www.prohomechek.com

www.usinspectorguide.com

Originally Posted By: bwieczorek

Richard;

Which Nick are you referring to ??? icon_question.gif

Originally Posted By: dedwards

Bill,

There are going to times you are still going to need a ladder. I recently bought the Extend and Climb telescoping ladder and am kicking myself for not getting it sooner. I bought it off Amazon.com for $190 that includes the shipping. It weighs about 29 pounds and I haven’t touched my folding Werner since getting the other one. It goes up 12.5

I have to warn you that there is a very short learning curve on letting the ladder back down. If you don’t pay real close attention and get your hand in the way it will pinch the coon dog doo doo out of it. I managed to do this after owning it about 2 minutes. I screamed like someone had bitch slapped me and my finger hurt for about a week. I have not made that mistake again. It is small and I stand it behind the seat of my truck and it impresses the heck out of the customers. Hope your back gets better.

Originally Posted By: dvalley

David Valley

MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: rhinck

Doug,

You are exactly right. I think everyone nurses a finger smash but hopefully only one. Also, the WOW factor to the client is unbelieveable!!!

Rick