telescoping ladder

Originally Posted By: swalker
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I Just got my issue of sportsmans guide in and noticed it had this ladder I have seen everywhere else for 350 and up for a low price of 190$. Dont know if anyone uses them but seems to be a great idea for this feild of work. thought I would pass it along

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=161372

If the link dont work it item number LX4P-78018
@http://www.sportsmansguide.com/

--
Pace yourself...an elephant can be swallowed, one bite at a time.

Steve

Originally Posted By: jpeck

There are a couple of manufacturers of that ladder now. I think that is the cheaper version. Harder to retract once extended, but I am not sure.

Anyone have the Telesteps? The Extend and climb? Tried both? Comments.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Got both. I like the extend & climb my assistant likes the telesteps. The extend & climb is at most Westlake or Ace Hardware stores for $199.

Twice in the past 4 months they've had weekend sales for $149.

Originally Posted By: rmoore

I can only speak for the Telesteps. Got mine about 2 months ago (to fit in the “boot” of the Mini). I LOVE the darn thing. Don’t know how I did without it before, especially for attic access. More often than not, it’s the only ladder I need and the Little Giant stays firmly strapped to the roof rack.

The only drawback I can think of is that the base is a little narrow compared to the LG. After one particularly shaky roof dismount I now put a little more thought into positioning.

--
Richard Moore
Rest Assured Inspection Services
Seattle, WA
www.rainspect.com

Originally Posted By: kdemski

I bought the Telesteps-PRO last year. I used a partner’s regular one and thought it was a little too narrow. The PRO version is wider and has composite rungs. Rating is the same (225 lbs.). Its always been a show stopper. Great for those small skuttles in bedroom closets. Takes a little gettin used to, though. Fully extended, it’s a little wobbly because of its light weight, and will slip around more than an extension ladder when placed against the roof gutters (rails are round).

Nothin beats the Little Giant, although it gets to be a heavy SOB to lug around.

Originally Posted By: ekartal

I have the Xtend and climb 13’. Much safer on the fingers than telesteps. Locks securely in place.

Erol

Originally Posted By: rmoore

ekartal wrote:
I have the Xtend and climb 13'. Much safer on the fingers than telesteps. ....

I must be missing something...but unless you collapse the rungs on your fingers...and I think Darwin would say you deserve that...how else is the Telesteps a finger grabber? Was there something about previous models?

--
Richard Moore
Rest Assured Inspection Services
Seattle, WA
www.rainspect.com

I collapsed the rungs on my fingers. eusa_shhh.gif

Erol

Russell had a big problem with a telesteps once. Hey, Russell you out there? nachi_sarcasm.gif

Erol

Originally Posted By: rkulla

Watching the news last night they showed some of our finest Marines over in Falluja climbing a wall. They actually had a telescoping ladder painted camo green. How’s that for advertising. Impressive.

Rex Kulla

Custom Home Inspections

Maple Grove, MN

(612) 799-3093

There is a telescopic ladder used by Police and Military that is very compact and expensive. It was on the ‘wish list’ of one our members about a year ago.

Erol Kartal

Originally Posted By: charper

Guys,

Just got my Extend and Climb ladder. Ace in Atlanta area had a “one day” sale. The ladder had a regular price of $189.00, they had it on sale for $130.00 with a $20.00 rebate. Brings the ladder price down to $110.00.

Charlie

www.HomeInspectionGa.com

Originally Posted By: rhinck

I bought one yesterday also. I am looking forward to trying it out on those narrow closet attic openings.

Rick

Originally Posted By: cmccann

rhinck wrote:
I bought one yesterday also. I am looking forward to trying it out on those narrow closet attic openings.

Rick

Works great for those, in Michigan that's where 99% of attic access is located. I have had great success with it.

--
NACHI MAB!