Ice on furnace flues

Hire a local NACHI certified inspector for a focused inspection of your heating, water heater, and flue systems. No way to answer that without eyes on the ground.

Michael,

I thought about what you wrote and I have a strong feeling that there may be two issues that I am dealing with; furnace combustion (air in pipes, maybe a leak, or bad igniter and an old furnace flue/exhaust system.

I sincerely appreciate your time and expertise in responding to my inquires. I will contact an inspector and hope that they can connect me with a service that can replace my flue/exhaust piping.

I do wish that Standard Heating would have clued me in on this. In order for a furnace to be functional and safe, the whole system must be solid. My old furnace was probably working just fine and the flue has been the weak link (me baby crying right now).

Thanks again,

Dayna