Illinois Education

Originally Posted By: ekartal
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I am working on getting an authorized independent education provider here in land o’ license to offer NACHI members state approved continuing education credits. I should know in a few days.

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: cradan

You are a heroic figure here in the land o’ license! Watching Cory, Chuck and some others try to get Board approval for licensed provision of education in this state has been a bit like watching paint dry.

![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Chris
http://www.inspect4me.com
Chicago Illinois Home Inspections

The approved provider is an independent! He quit ASHI and NAHI. I’ll let you know asap.

Erol

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi to all,

Errol, I don't know if you noticed this in another thread, but we have made application to the state of Illinois ourselves to become an acredited educational provider, this application was filed a month or so ago. This will allow us to have chapter based education accepted by the State.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

That’s good news. In the meantime if you are an inspector in Illinois and need state approved credits, check out www.qegi.com for class list. I knew the instructor from ASHI days. He knows his stuff. Tell em’ Erol sent ya icon_wink.gif. No, I get nothing for it .

Erol Kartal
ProInspect Inc.

Originally Posted By: kdemski

Gerry -

After seeing a thread over the weekend about the upcoming Electrical Seminar in Lansing, MI, I sent Nick an email about the Illinois Continuing Education Credits issue. Apparently he is either unaware that you have applied, or has forgotten, because he told me if I got the necessary paperwork he would pay the required fees.

I believe the procedure involves becoming approved as a Provider, and then having specific course material approved (taught by specific, approved instructors) for credit hours. Also, I have heard that one woman controls this whole process in Illinois and is swamped with applications (about a 6 month backlog).

Anyway, can you shed a little more light on where you stand in the process? No sense in duplicating efforts if you already have the ball rolling. Did you submit any specific course material along with your application? Will NACHI be the provider, or is this something you are doing personally?

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi to all,

Ken, Nicks memory must be playing tricks on him, we sent in the education provider application to the state of Illinois about 5 weeks ago together with a check for $1,000:00 which is their processing fee. As soon as they have allocated us a provider number I will be making application for any and all courses that qualify to be approved.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: kdemski

That’s great, Gerry. Please keep us posted.