NACHI to provide Illinois approved continuing education.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachi.org/chicago.htm

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: kdemski

After NACHI was approved as a Continuing Education Provider, there were a few postings here about submitting courses (like Joe’s electrical seminar) for approval. What ever happened to that endeavor? I thought we were going to get courses approved so they could be offered at local chapter meetings (free, of course, to NACHI members).

There are a number of "for profit" education providers in Illinois. If we were going to partner with someone, why not someone who already has an approved curriculum (for inspectors)?

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Sure, email me the curriculum and I’ll get it approved from the Division of Banks and Real Estate now. Can you set up a full day seminar? Make sure you schedule it in a big hotel as we do very well attendance-wise in IL.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I just sent Gerry Beaumont an email to see if any courses have been submitted, and what the status is. I’ll let you know his response.

I think it takes 3-6 months for approval once it is submitted.

I can get it approved almost instantly (no, I can’t reveal how I do it). Gerry isn’t going to provide a course in Illinois though, someone like you has to set it up and someone like Joe Tedesco (or whomever the instructor is) has to give us the curriculum. We already have everything approved and just need to submit a curriculum. Do it!

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Nick - I sent Joe Tedesco an email and pulled the required application off the state’s website. Shouldn’t be a problem, as long as Joe is willing to do this and has the required materials.

I already paid the $1,000 fee months ago and got state approval, the Dept. just wants a curriculum to issue the license. I’m coming to this one.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I’ve heard from Joe and will be working with him to put together all the materials that the State requires (it’s more than you think). I need the “school name” and “school license number” from you. Once this is all assembled should I send it all to you, or should I mail it in to the State?

Ed Bosco, NACHI’s Crawl Space Advisory Board Chairman and author of http://www.nachi.org/boscocrawlspace.htm has volunteered to teach a segment too.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.