Illinois pre License

Just throwing this out there. Anyone working on getting their license in Illinois and you have any questions, please feel free to reach out.

2 Likes

That’s generous, Charles. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks Charles! I’m in Illinois and hoping to take my exam in the next 2 months. I will need a mentor or 5!! LoL

2 Likes

Welcome to our forum, Edward…enjoy! :smile:

1 Like

Please feel free to call or text me. 630-327-2700

1 Like

I will. Thank-you very much Charles!

I am taking people out Thursday afternoon in Evanston, IL. I have room for a couple more. If interested, please call me as soon as possible.
You do not have to be finished with your coursework to start your field inspections.

I just started the online course in illinois last week. Hoping to get done in the next month or two.

Keep pumping along. If you want to discuss anything, please feel free to reply here or call me at 630-327-2700.

Charles, do you know it the State is requiring proctored exams this year for continuing CE’s?

Yes they are. Jeff Merrit, will decker, and myself can do the proctoring via zoom for NACHI licensed classes if that helps.

Thanks. What do you guys charge?

For proctoring? Nothing

1 Like

I just finished online courses. I’m ready to schedule field training. Who is available in the western suburbs?

I am doing field training this weekend. 1 spot still left. Please reach out if you are interested.

Charles, I am new and just started. The online final exam for Roof Inspections was confusing. It stated I needed a proctor for Con-ed hours, however I am doing the course for pre-licensing. I took the exam and passed on my own computer without a proctor and it appears the credits have counted towards my pre-licensing course. Do I need a proctor for pre-licensing?

Charles I appreciate your post . I’m in the Chicago area. I recently got IL. license ,purchased insurance ,tools everything I need except the confidence to do an inspection. Probably sounds kinda dumb but that is where I find myself. I think I need to do a few ride alongs ,I did some before I got a license. I really think ,hope what I need is I few more and I should be good to go or decide that I probably won’t be successful as a home inspector.Thanks Pete Pryor 773 4953980

bought a web site ,software

Welcome to our forum, Peter!..enjoy participating. :smiley:

I’m sorry I didn’t see this till now. The classes that NACHI uses for the pre-license program are also used for continuing education. You DO NOT have to have a proctored exam for each section. The final exam is the only one that NEEDS to be proctored. If you want to use these classes for continuing education, then you will be needing a proctor.

We, at the Illinois Association of Home Inspectors are negotiating with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations to remove the requirement for proctored test when the class is taken via Learning Management System such as NACHIs education program.

If anyone needs help with obtaining their license in Illinois, please call. I will help. 630-327-2700

Experience and knowledge is the key to success in this business. I don’t take anyone on our inspections unless we are onboarding them to join our team. I do allow licensed inspectors to come through our field events. We do these once a month. As of today, I am not charging. But that may change soon. It will be a smaller fee than what the applicants for licensure are paying.

I’m sorry I didn’t call you yet. I just saw this message. Our next field event will be July 8, 9, and 10