Illinois radon Bills.

Our 'coalition" (really, an Illinois not-for-profit corporation) is led by the executive director, Mr. John Dunn, and the board of directors. That will change after our annual (as required by law and the corportion by-laws) meeting. Check out the web site. It is all expained there, so I won’t explain it here.

Mr. Dunn, the executive directors, is a former ASHI member, but is not now. I am a currecnt NACHI Chapter President. Another director is a former NAHI Chapter president. We have directors who are members of all the national associations, but we work together, regardless of that.

Jim, let’s be frank.

If you don’t want to believe that this group is un-biased, then no amount of my posting (because you won’t talk to me) will convince you.

Counter-challange. You have made an assertion. Therefore, it is up to you to prove it.

clear?

A “former” ASHI president. My mistake.:wink:

Former ASHI chapter president (Springfield, IL). I know you will appreciate the clarity. :wink:

Will,
Once again you thing you know it all.
The executive director called me one time.
I have no ideal about this (file a complaint against him).
Want proof due you have that it not a ASHI ran assoc.

I didn’t join. I don’t join lobbying groups when I don’t know the agenda.

But I have to ask, who are you to demand proof of anything?

If you joined their association and asked this, I’d say you were fully within your rights. But I’d say a chapter president from NAHI, another from NACHI and another from ASHI along with several independents would pretty much prove it’s unaffilliated.

If you want to be influence their agenda, join. Or maybe, just ask them what their objectives are. I bet they’d answer you.

They claim the work for all home inspector. I think as a Illinois home inspector I have the right to know.

So ask.

You demanded proof it wasn’t an ASHI organization. You **didn’t **ask what they are trying to accomplish.

Ken; I would be happy to provide you with any information you would like. Just let me know. My phone number is below.

If Ken wants to join, I will pay his first year dues.

He can find out for himself.

All he has to do is attend the meetings.

Besides, most of them are downstate. Closer for him than for me :mrgreen: .

Once again you did not answer the question.

Will,
Can you also give him a lesson on the spell check function he can use (for free) when he posts??

What question. I believe you asked for proof about this association. I asked what kind of proof would satisfy you.

You are making the assertion, that the IHIA is just an ASHI front. I could ask what proof you have for your assertion. Is it just your opinion or something you heard from someone else or do you have some proof?

I would be happy to provide you with any proof you would like, if you only let me know what type of proof would satisfy you.

I already gave you my word, based upon my experience. Not good enough?

House Bill 1425 – Illinois Radon Awareness Act was voted out of the Senate Housing and Community Affairs Committee on Tuesday April 24, 2007. [FONT=Arial]We now await second reading in the Senate.[/FONT]

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_131175013.html

For Nick Wagner:

http://www.wahigroup.com/home