I'm sure that you have better stories - share them !!

OK… In the business for 4 years and during that period:

I broke my wrist during an inspection being stupid and walking backwards without looking… a fire hydrant intervened and there I was in the ER (BTW I broke it before the clients showed up and did the whole inspection afterwards with a broken hand).

At the ER the Doctor told me that it was sprained and that I should go home and stop being a wimp. Later I found out that it had been broken in two places. Two years ago and it still hurts like hell.

Robbed during a home inspection by the vendors who stayed throughout and sifted through my equipment bags where I stashed my wallet. Another bad decision on my part… lesson learned.

And now… today…just as I arrived, taking a picture of the front of the house, I was propositioned by a crack whore that explained in some intimate detail the services that she offered (at a very attractive price may I add). I declined.

We all have stories…

Anybody want to share?

Nothing that comes close to topping those but I learned a little lesson today. My inspection just happened to coincide with the Seller’s garage sale this morning. So, no problem…I just get busy doing my thing. I have a new tool carrier that I keep all my expensive meters and doo-dads in that I take into the house so I don’t have to run back and forth to the truck. Well, I set it down in the garage out of the way and went out front to the water meter to check on it and to a hose bibb to measure the water pressure. (Bet you can tell where this is going huh? :slight_smile: ) I’m gone 2-3 minutes and when I come back in there’s a lady sifting thru my tools and she has her arms full of stuff. I said M’am, M’am…those are not for sale! Well, she speaks no English and just keeps digging around…she’s got my Tif8850, moisture meter, amprobe, tape measure and several other things in her hands. I finally just said NO! and had to ‘help’ her put the stuff back. She looked at me like I was crazy and just moved over to a table of junk that was for sale.

“And now… today…just as I arrived, taking a picture of the front of the house, I was propositioned by a crack whore that explained in some intimate detail the services that she offered (at a very attractive price may I add). I declined”

Barton and Sherman area???
I won’t go into too much detail, but I can testify that composite decking does not hold much traction for your ladder while leaning on the eaves, and said decking is not very soft.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Limped my way through the rest of that one.
Yesterday in Winchester just finishing the inspection, the selling agent showed up with a viewing (he knew the house was 99.999999999% sold to my clients) it wasn’t a big deal to me but buyers were a little uncomfortable and their agent was UNHAPPY! I don’t imagine the viewers were too pleased either.

I had that happen once. I smiled and passed out my business cards. Told the viewers that when they found a place to give me a call, and I would give them a very THOROUGH inspection. :mrgreen: The agent did not look happy that I was there, or that I was soliciting their clients.

A landlord was selling his home. Said the tenant would let me in. Knocked on door and the tenant said come on in and I walked into the hallway and looked to the right into the living room where the 55+ year old tenant was sitting with her legs spread eagled and displaying what God did not intend her to display. Did an about face out the door and contacted the landlord who sent over his wife to have a chat with the dear.

Almost makes my ladder episode sound enjoyable!!!:p:p:p

I did a house in Collingwood. I was sick for a week after. Both ends. It was a three unit building The first unit was the filthiest place you ever saw… untill I saw the second unit. I asked if the furnace was the only door I could think it was. I was told to lift the kids mattress off the floor to get to it. I grabbed the bottom and moved it only to see cat and dog feces all over the under side that I had grabbed. I washed my hands and arms with the little bit of soap in the bathroom and went to the 3rd unit. The female agent and buyer were beside me and told the tart at the door to get something on. Her words were “We don’t do drugs, you know.” Her and the other girl spent the entire time throwing underwear at each other… I wore my work boots and coveralls in the place.