Infrared Camera Course

Brian has done a lot of things and has much knowledge .
He has iterated me at times .
But then I should not talk I do some times irate people .

I too wonder why he has not Joined NACHI as he has much to offer and could get into the members area and also learn.
But we do have many who do help who have never joined .
… Cookie

Roy, I agree, I value his posts on building science and the links he provides but sometimes he oversteps his boundaries, mostley, I think because he types quicker than he thinks.

JMO

Peter:

Above is the main problem you stated. Just filling fin or others that an IR camera may not the only item needed to find/solve the cause/s. Seems to be big move to IR on these boards. They’re a great tool to have in a bag of tools that complement each other along with an in-depth knowledge of the systems they’ll be looking at.

I presently supervise a gov low income retrofit program (on contract) and see 2-3 residential energy audits per week. Only 1 or 2 out of about 30 so far I would rate above B+. These are all private companies or NGO’s; these folks are trained and certified!! As usual, do as many as you can and grab some $$$$. This is a pilot project of 75 homes, hoping to expand to 100’s then 1,000’s over the next 5-10 years. Some of the auditors will probably not be asked back to the table!!

Have been seeing a lot of crap by professionals in the last few weeks;another e-mail from a lawyer came in today for litigation against an award winning architect’s work! A bit frustrating to see those with big reps/$$$ built on what???

Sorry if it my post came out like something personal.

Brian, no problem, but we all have our daily problems and idiots we have to deal with but just because you seem to have to deal with an amount that may be in-proportionate in your area doesn’t mean that’s the case throughout both our countries.

Apology accepted and I look forward to more of your positive posts and links.

PS why don’t you join NACHI?

te:Originally Posted by gbeaumont
*Here you go Roy, I took this course and found it pretty good, best of all it’s free :wink:

http://www.infraredtraining.com/cour…cam_basics.asp

Regards

Gerry*

I have taken this course twice and Hope to do it once more before I do the level One .
Yes it is a great course lots of information ,Hope I get to retain it for a while .
Thanks to all .
… Cookie

Way to go !!!

The Course is Great but Members like John and many many more are even better .
This Membership and this BB are great .
Thanks again to all.
… Cookie

Roy;

Call me you need me. (See below).

Hope this helps;

** Reporter Software Design Template Course.**

Flir is reminding people about this course at the end of the level one Course .
Cost almost $400;00 for a the afternoon course.

My questions are has any one taken this course.
Is it a worth while course for home inspectors.
How big an advantage is it
Thanks

…Cookie

Roy

IMO we should do this course. It is only a half day course and it sounds worthwhile.

See you at the course!!!

No I don’t know anything about this course.

I’m currently enrolled in the HomeSafe/Kaplan-ITA 2 week web course and man I am learning a lot! I really like that it is specifically geared toward using IR in home inspections and not merely a thermography course as many others appear to be.

Any more information on this would be appreciated thanks Cost etc .
You are doing this on line is that correct.
Thanks …Cookie

Yes the class is online. Their online course is two weeks for three hours an evening, 4 days a week. Through my research this appeared to be the best training geared specifically toward home inspection rather than just infrared technology in general which is what most level one courses are. The HOMESAFE franchise or licensing is not for everyone, but I would definitely recommend the Kaplan / HOMESAFE course as it was designed by leaders in the industry who streamlined IR into residential inspections. I have 2 days left and am really enjoying the classes. They give real world inspection examples in using IR and not photos and information about coffe cups, electrical transformers, and industrial junk not relative to our application.

http://www.home-inspect.com/courses/virtual/infrared.asp

32 hours online class time + 2 days of field training [size=2]Only $1199[/size]

Thanks Bill I will give a report after I finish my FLIR Dec 4 to 7 Finish at noon 3.5 daysCost I think iws $1,700;00 and if you tke the other 1/2day and extra $380:00 add transportation and hotel rooms another $500:00 well over double what you are paying.
…Cookie …and loose 5 days of inspections.

Good course here for home inspectors… no bull.
**IRBS 351 - Infrared Building Science
FLIR-ITC Thermographer Certification
http://www.infraredtraining.com/courses/building_sciences.asp

Thanks John! I’m planning on taking this course in the new year.

A lot of discussion between building science and Level one. Building science is probably a great course for home inspectors if you just want to incorporate IR into your home inspections. I use my camera while inspecting but also like the idea of two separate business. I attended the level one class with the intentions of attending Level two which at my age is probably the level of my learning curve. My instructor Bob Rogers stated there are only 50 Level 3 Thomographers in the U.S. I don’t think I will be # 51 but Level two does sound intriguing. IR has much more to offer than just home inspection use. Wished I was 30 years younger.

What other business? Want to share the pot of gold you found? :mrgreen:

Never believed in pots of gold one generally has to work very hard to achieve accomplishment in any field. IR has the capability of being a stand alone business in areas such as smaller MFG companies that don’t want to invest in the cost of the camera and training for employees. IR is a tool that is better served in the lines of industrial preventive maintenance. I finished my military life as a preventive maintenance instructor and carried that knowledge into my industrial area of HVAC setting up PM programs for a major refinery and to my knowledge is still being used after my retirement.

As I stated above if 30 years younger I would build and market PM built around this IR Camera.
</IMG>

What about PM in residential houses?