Infrared Camera for Temple

Hi, I am now sourcing an Infrared Camera for inspection. I mainly need to check the moisture issue, pests (mainly termite) for old temples.

Some of the ceilings can reach 15 meter high, and I need to have exterior scanning too.Can scan longer distance is good (only for building, no need for high electrical power line)

Any idea? We would prefer FLIR. But Fluke may be considered if that Fluke IR camera can suit this need very well.

Thanks in advance

You are not going to find insects with a IR camera.
You need training as to how to use it.

Have you done an IR class? Get your hands on a few. I have a Flir e50bx and love it… Inspector outlet has them. Get educated on what it can do and what conditions will be visible. The best camera without the education wont be useful.

nachi has a few classed coming up.

At a minimum take one of the upcoming IR classes first. Learn the skill, understand differences in cameras and then make your decision. May also want to call Christopher Casey at Monroe Infrared 207-985-7110. He can give you some great info as well.

Better call Infraspection because they wrote a set of standards for it. Tell them they don’t know what they’re doing.

There’s a guy in Palm Beach that has given quite a few presentations on it.

Works for bees too.

Do you have the ability to manipulate temperatures in these places?

If you see an anomaly that appears to be moisture at one of the higher locations, will you have some means in which to verify with a moisture meter?

Are you located inside or outside of the US? That could affect what units are available to you.

+1 on bee’s or similar insects lol we even included an example in our blog Infrared Camera Utilization - Tallahassee Real Estate Inspections

No hating on the blog, the title or the wording we are chasing SEO points :smiley:

Nice piece and nice images.

If I may make a suggestion for you. You should change the social media buttons on your blog pages, at least the facebook button. When I clicked the button on your blog post, it took me to your page. What it should do is open a share dialog on my Facebook page so that I can share your article on my page, which increases your exposure and gets you more links… OK. wait. I just found the share facebook button on the left side. Kinda confusing to have two of the same button that do different things on the same page.

I shared your post.

P.S. Don’t forget to share your own articles across all of your social media platforms.

make as many suggestions as you want lol…we will never turn down free advice from someone with more experience and time in something than we have. Have been trying to learn the SEO and social media game (and have come a long way from where we were but have a long way to go)…so thank you!

**I suggest that before anyone wastes anymore time on this, they get a look at the prior posts of this non-member. I thought his name looked familiar. **

I know that Infraspection has a course about using infrared cameras for pest control. I think we can use this technology for finding hidden moisture, which is a conducive environment for the pest.

It is not a waste of time for finding a good device for this purpose and seek for opinions from other experienced users.

Yes, I am not a US critizen, but we have FLIR distributor here.

Are the higher Mhz units available to you?