inspecting YOUR home prospects

Originally Posted By: Robert Jonston
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Marie,

I believe that when it comes to a major investment, the more advice, the better. You can pick and choose which to follow.

I wish I had someone else look at the house I am in, purchased about a year and a half ago. I didn't miss much in my inspection, but in the rush of the time - I had 2 weeks to relocate and be ready to start work &my wife was also 8 mo. pregnant - I underestimated the amout of time & effort it would take to repair certain items. This was largely because I really liked the house and garage ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) . Parts of the house were 80yrs old and it was <50K to give an idea of the condition. But it was bordered on two sides by hundreds if not thousands of acres of National forest.

With additional input, I may have been able to negotiate a better price.

--For what its worth--

Originally Posted By: rstephens

Well I am going to inspect my own house tomorrow, but I expect to find some problems. Hey 2 acres with a 2400 sqft split level for only 60,000 not a bad deal if there are not any structural problems.

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

Hi Russell,

I guarantee you that if I inspect that house for you, you could negotiate that deal down to at least $59,000. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: Marie Guerrieri

HI Robert.

Thanks for your advice! I see both sides of everyones opinion so it’s hard to say what I’ll do when I decide on the house I want. I know I’m going to look it over myself, but a second opinion is good too. I’ll let ya know how it goes. Thanks again.

Marie

Originally Posted By: rstephens

Well the seller really wanted 70 and I got him down to 60 but read my post on Im back> I would have not given a penny for the house. The only value was the property and it is not worth 60,000 smackers.