Inspections for Insurance Restoration & Property Managem

Originally Posted By: rmoewe
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I received a call today form a company in Connecticut. They wanted to know if I would do inspections for them, here in Nashville. Now they told me that it would not be a Comprehensive Home Inspection. I told them to look at the name of the company that they are calling. icon_wink.gif

The catch is, they only pay $125.00 per inspection. But, it is like a HUD inspection. All you do is take pictures of all the rooms and measure them. Fill out a simple checklist and email them everything.

Has anyone done these kind of inspections??? I know I saw it somewhere before on this board, but don't know if it is the same thing.

The pay is not that great, but they said they had a lot of inspections to do and they do them in the winter too. For an hour of my time: if I am not busy doing real inspections, what the hell. They also send you the keys and you can kind of do them at your leisure.

Bring it on, tell me what you think and has anyone been doing these

36 views and not one peep. Hmmmmm icon_exclaim.gif

Originally Posted By: sramos

I do some work for a restoration company. It helps me fill in the gaps in my schedule as my business grows.

Steven Ramos

EnviroVue Home Inspection

866-541-2883

Originally Posted By: loconnor

Richard

You have a few reponses from the same post you placed under the "Members Only" section.

A few of us were asking if you can supply that company info here or email us with it.

I would love to do some of them here in Michigan.

--
Larry
Western Michigan NACHI Chapter
http://www.w-michigan-nachi.org

"We confide in our strength
without boasting of it.
We respect that of others
without fearing it"
Thomas Jefferson

Originally Posted By: psabados

Richard

What your NACHI family inspector buddies are asking you. Share the wealth please.

Paul

Originally Posted By: dcarroll

I guess I have to echo those comments. I don’t think too many of us do these or you would have gotten more replies. Any available in NY?

Originally Posted By: ppetroska

Richard, I’ve been doing inspections for this same company for the past two years. The houses are usually in pretty bad shape as they are abandoned properties. They want digital pictures of each room, measurements and observations about water damage, etc. They usually take me less than an hour to do the physical inspection and another hour to send the pictures and put the information together. In my case, they haven’t given me any keys and I’ve had to break in to gain entrance to the properties (with their authorization). They pay once a month at the end of the month.

Phil Petroska, Certified Home Inspector

Maine Home Inspections

New Hampshire Home Inspections

http://northcountryhomeinspections.com

They sent me a set of keys and said that it would get me in most of their homes. When I went to do the first one and when I got the plywood off the front entrance, there was no door. I don’t know what the keys go to. icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: loconnor

Several requests and over one week later and no response from Richard

or Phil on this company information.

Has anyone else received any info. on this?

--
Larry
Western Michigan NACHI Chapter
http://www.w-michigan-nachi.org

"We confide in our strength
without boasting of it.
We respect that of others
without fearing it"
Thomas Jefferson

Originally Posted By: dcarroll

I have not seen or received any information either. I do not blame them for wanting to keep it to themselves.

icon_cool.gif