New business

Originally Posted By: Richard Stanley
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Had a call today from Farmers insurance. They are going to require a limited inspection on certain homes prior to writing policies in Texas. The agents have been doing it, but the home office wants inspectors to do it. Problem is - they want it for practically nothing. Basically a 2 page form checklist. Also some pics and comments. I gave them a price - they didn’t like it. Maybe somebody else wants to mess with it. I suppose you can contact any Office. It seems that each office is responsible for their own. After my conversation, I was told they had been given a price of $50 each. I told them to give them all to him and that they deserved each other.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

icon_question.gif

Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Originally Posted By: Norman Hird

Do most Inspectors have a fixed fee, as per floor area or do you have a fee depending on the type of inspection ?

As I am from Scotland I am curious to find out how you supply a quotation to your customers .

Originally Posted By: jhorton

I don’t sign my name to nothing for less than One Benjamin Franklin!

But fellows, we Appraisers have dealt with this for years. Inspectors will be next. Everyone wants your E&O on the line and they want to pay you nothing for it either! Mark my words. Your going to see more and more of this type offer.

--
Jeff <*\\><
The man who tells the truth doesn't have to remember what he said.

Originally Posted By: jmyers

to that give me a call.

Joe Myers ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: lmartin

I have been doing insurance inspections for years , I have found that they aren’t as bad as you all make them out to be . I inspect housing units get $50 each , some has 20 or more buildings within times $50 adds up. the forms are usually 2-3 pages long takes just a few minutes to inspect , take 2 photos and move on , some times you have 4 houses on one street . these insurance inspections are usually new polices very easy to do.

Here in Maine home inspections don’t come around every day, so one has to fill in until their business builds up.

The most important thing is getting out there , meeting people .

Lester Martin

Les Martin & Co.

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Lester,

So you're the Inspector doing these insurance inspections. Well, If it keeps you busy and doesn't take time out of the real home inspections...then go for it.
Have any of these insurance inspections came back to haunt you?(Complaints that you never mentioned a certain defect)
What exactly do you inspect in such little time and what are the pictures you are taking? ![icon_question.gif](upload://t2zemjDOQRADd4xSC3xOot86t0m.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."