Inspector Applications Are NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Originally Posted By: bmerrell
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

NYS approves applications NOW! Come to the NY Chapter Meeting on 11-15 and get your application at the meeting- I changed this post to make is current- Not an attempt to change the context but to update the members

for information on the meeting go to
www.linachi.org or www.homeinspectormeeting.com

Have a great day Over 20 signed up to date- we can hold only 75 registrants! Sign up early-

Need an application, and can't come, e-mail us and we will try to send you one asap!

Originally Posted By: gporter

Wow. Keep us updated.

Gary Porter

GLP’s Home and Mold Inspections LLC

Orlando, Fl 32828

321-239-0621

www.homeandmoldinspections.com

12 days from today estimated!- State just sent outlines to every interested school to offer the licensing program- Formal applications will also be available within 1-2 weeks for schools-

call 518-474-4429 and be placed on a list to receive your new application which should be sent out within 2 weeks- This will directly impact Home Inspectors in New York State

FINALLY, it's about to become reality!

Questions? to state 518-474-4429

about chapter meeting? www.linachi.org

e-mail? allaround@optonline.net Len Ungar

Originally Posted By: jbushart

bmerrell wrote:
12 days from today estimated!- State just sent outlines to every interested school to offer the licensing program- Formal applications will also be available within 1-2 weeks for schools-

call 518-474-4429 and be placed on a list to receive your new application which should be sent out within 2 weeks- This will directly impact Home Inspectors in New York State

FINALLY, it's about to become reality!

Questions? to state 518-474-4429

about chapter meeting? www.linachi.org

e-mail? allaround@optonline.net Len Ungar

Bill,

Any hints from the application as to what is being considered?

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Jim:

It's all but written in stone. They will be liberal with grandfathering for members as follows:

100 Inspections within 2 years and the state exam-
250 Inspections within 3 years and NO state exam (waived)
-or-
for those without the requisite experience:
100 hours of education which is broken down into 4 modules of education and then a 40 hour supervised inspection program. Once completed, these individuals may apply to the state to become Licensed and must take the state exam.

Schools must offer all 5 modules (the 4 modules involving 100 hours of education) and the 40 hours of supervised inspections. Applications will be sent to schools shortly. Instructors must also be approved separately by separate application.

Students who graduate each module, their names and information must be sent to the state of NY within 15 days of their graduation from each module for the state to track each student. Students will receive a raised seal certificate per module (therefore 5 in all) showing they met the attendance for each course as well as passed the exam per course. (the exam consists of 50 questions per module and you must achieve 70% or greater which is 35 out of 50 questions correct minimum)

We have set up a separate web site for those considering these programs, which we thank Nick for announcing same in the education section. To that end, we are committed NOT TO TAKE 1 cent until the state approves our entire home inspection program. To that end we have multiple registrations for our proposed course in January, but we refused to collect any money until NYS approves the entire program including the instructors to teach the program.

We plan on using both the Marsha Spada Home Inspection Book and Carson Dunlop Home Inspection book as part of the 4 modules. They will serve as a great reference in class and for inspectors once they are working in the field as well.

o this end, we will have more information within the next 1-2 weeks once the state makes public the actually Inspector applications. I will make sure we have applications for distribution at our office as well.

Have a great day and much luck and success to NACHI members.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Thank you, Bill. Excellent data.

I am curious as to how a school, with let's say five students enrolled, will handle the fifth module of 40 hours of home inspection.

Will it require each of the five students to spend those hours on individual inspecting (equating to 200 teaching hours for the school) or can they accomplish this as a group? The law does not seem clear and I was wondering if the DOS has given any indication as to their preference, if any.

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

The law does not require 1 on 1 tutoring in module # 5 as you suggest. The state will make the determination as to how many students may be assigned to an Inspector at any one time. Would it be acceptable for several students to inspect 1 home and have 1 licensed inspector overseeing their activities? Reasonable? That it is going to be presented to the state for their determination. Each school must determine how they wish to develop and implement this aspect of the law and it will be up to the State of NY, Dept. of State to determine the level of supervision. The states intent was never for a seasoned inspector to lead a newbie around for 40 hours, since that would not be reasonable to either party. The state will determine from a host of options what each school is permitted to perform. I do not understand the 200 hours you described. If individualized attention were required, our school counsel made clear to us it would have been in the law specifically. There is always the option, however to employ more Licensed Inspectors to handle the new inspectors to meet any guidelines set forth by the state. To date, our office has received 22 resumes from Seasoned Inspectors who desire teaching at my school. These are school decisions which must be sent to the state for approval. The law also says that this module is voluntary on the part of the student. In the event the student has a licensed inspector who would supervise said activities, the newbie does not need to attend module # 5. The questions is what does supervise mean?

In NYS, Real Estate Brokerage, supervision means to take responsibility for the activities of those being supervised. After each item has been completed.
In appraising, supervision means to verify and validate the report of a new appraiser. After the appraisal has been developed and written, and then reviewed.

We will, as every other school in the state will, make a proposal to the State of New York, Dept. of State , and request an approval for this section as well as all modules. If approved, it will be posted. If they require modification, then the modified module will be resubmitted by our school for final approval.

That is why I said until all aspects of the program are approved, we will not charge any student, nor take even a deposit of any kind (meaning not 1 penny) until the state approves our program. And again, even if the program is approved in its entirety, the student can opt out of module 5 and work directly with a Licensed Inspector, and only take part in modules 1, 2, 3, and 4 with a specific school.

I will not speculate as to what the state will approve. Our staff has developed a program, reviewed by our attorney which is ready to be submitted for determination of the Dept. of State. Until it is reviewed by the Dept. of State, it would not be prudent to comment on if it will or will not be approved with or without modifications.

Modules 1,2 ,3 and 4 are a different story. These outlines are already created by the state.

That is why we do not have plans on offering the program until January. We do expect multiple students for each course, and we will not know until a person registers if they will participate in module 5 with us. We will set up a cap, all depending upon state determination.

Can't go into more specifics until the state makes a determination on our proposal. Every school is working on their own proposal, and to give a competitor our final plan on a public bb would not be a sound business decision. To this end, we will not disclose our business plan until the state makes a determination of module # 5.

We will announce to students the process when the state make their determinations. Students who register will receive a detailed outline as well as the guidelines approved by the state. To that end, each student, once we are approved will receive full disclosure. We will also post our approval on this BB, once NY State determines our classes are in compliance with state guidelines.

I have been advised not to comment on the specific copyrighted materials as to content nor delivery until approved by the state by our school attorney. This has been the policy of all NY Schools until they receive an approval. All I can make comments on is what the state has publicly disclosed to schools. I have done this in prior BB postings. They were not sent to our school as confidential.

I re-read your post and understand it better. The state will tell us how many students can be assigned to a Licensed Inspector.

Due to a death in the Family, I will be away for several days. Will update everyone when I return. Not reading the posts. Have otgher things going on.

Take care.

We have a great deal to share at this meeting

License Applications

A manual on filling it out properly and in NY State compliance

Insurance Information

and even the FHLMC Manual on Home Inspecting (Freddie Mac) presented to each member FREE ($ 30 Value)

Total cost for Meeting, Dinner and all Handouts and Prises $ 30

Want to pay with Visa and Mastercard, call us at 631-563-7720 before the meeting and we will process it over the phone- Thanks -due to the # of participants we want the meeting to run smoothly!

Have a wonderful day!