Inspector Website Builder - A+

IWB is just one more reason why InterNachi is THE #1 inspection organization. I contacted Alicia as I had an old radon testing website that was ignored and getting no traction online. They created a new site for me, which took some effort as it did not fit the typical “home inspector” website templates that they are used to dealing with. The results have been positive, and my site now shows up on searches. WIX, the platform which is used to navigate and manage the websites is very user friendly and full of useful features to help grow your site. If you do not have a website, or perhaps your existing site is old and outdated, please reach out to IWB, Alicia, and her team. They will take care of you and provide a great experience.

1 Like

This is hilarious !!!

3 Likes

Apparently they get “gifts” for posting the great reviews, I read… :roll_eyes:

Did you say FREE… ? …

1 Like

Yes, admittedly they threw out a promotion for posting a review. However I can say the feelings I expressed were 100% accurate. Annoying? Probably. But hey, we all depend upon reviews in our own businesses, so why should IWB be exempt? Not interested? Scroll on by…

Thanks

1 Like

Yes, admittedly they threw out a promotion for posting a review.
Did they also tell you what to say?

2 Likes

I have never had to give anything but great service for a good review.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that it will dissuade many from doing business with them.

2 Likes

Reviews given because you were so impressed with the service, that you had to let others know, carry more weight than those solicited with a gift. That’s all everyone is saying. It appears as though many customers did not feel compelled to give a review until prompted with a gift. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Of course not. There was no requirement that the review even had to be positive. They simply asked for a review. This was the first opportunity I have been given to give feedback on their service since using it. Do you send requests to your customers asking for reviews? It’s marketing. Get over it. Bribed by a free box of inspection books? It’s a nice bonus but I would have gladly done it for nothing in return.

John, I just made a similar post to another reviewer. See below. It really is not about you at all my friend. And, I think if you were reading reviews you would want to know if the reviewer was compensated in anyway.

It is not really about you Jeff, so much as what is expected within this organization. We have leadership which is using this tactic. A tactic that is a bit questionable. You just caught the brunt of it. Obviously Ben and Alicia have no issue with this tactic. But those of us who are trying to make educated decisions about the products we might pay for, it is unsettling. I think it would have been more transparent and a better service to NACHI members if it were disclosed. Frankly, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. As we say here in the south “I feel like I have been had”.

2 Likes

Bribed by a free box of inspection books?

1 Like

You say FREE… ? …
I’m in baby send da books!

This CRAP is spreading like a BAAAAD rash… … …

2 Likes

In that case, why don’t you offer the books up to a newbie FOR FREE to help them on their journey. I know of a current thread where the poster is having problems passing the Practice Exam, and sure could use some help so he can stop memorizing details of the online courses!

2 Likes

I’m thinking the books are the “now that you’ve had a home inspection” ones that you give to customers. Could be wrong though. :man_shrugging:

Thanks, John, for the feedback. I appreciate it. We want all InterNACHI® members to get their inspection businesses online with great, affordable websites. You may want to check out some short videos about marketing that you could apply to your website and business strategies: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKPEi6DdHVZxZiQbgSSjRHi0l2rPSb3HT

If there’s anything you need, be sure to reach out to me at ben@internachi.org, a Mentor at Home Inspector Mentoring - InterNACHI®, other inspectors willing to help you.

I teach a free online “Home Inspection Overview & Business Tips for New Inspectors” on Friday, January 27, 2023, from 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM ET. Please join me and other inspectors. It’s open to everyone. If you can’t attend, register for the class anyways and I’ll email the video recording. Register at www.nachi.org/webinars.

1 Like