InspectorPro vs Elite MGA

any thoughts anyone is willing to share on inspection agreement and coverage comparisons between inspectorPro and Elite MGA, it seems like the insurance threads I could find turned up outdated. I read a thread that went pretty deep saying Elite MGA is not very quick to respond or stay on top of things when inspectors are kind of in panic mode. That’s the review that makes me give a point to InspectorPro although I did not see anything on there response time to compare with. Now all of that extra stuff I read, if I throw that out of my head and I just read and compare agreements no my own judgement I feel comfortable with Ohio Elite MGA because they allow me to use InterNachi pre inspection agreement where as InspectorPro makes me use there own agreement. I feel interNachi agreement for Ohio is more detailed and sounds more protective then what I read with InspectorPro. Any thoughts that could help me out without me prying into your own business secrets. Or maybe other reviews I may have overlooked that I could be directed to

Run both PIAs by your lawyer and see what they say.

2 Likes

Ok! That makes sense. I will do that

I use InspectorPro now. I am very happy with them. But I am wanting to start offering the EliteMGA warranties as an option to my homebuying clients. The best plans are only offered if you use them for your E&O. Many of my competitors use them and they are happy with them. I don’t know if this helps, but it is what is an actual reason why I am switching.

One more reason I forgot about. InspectorPro offers discounts to ASHI members. A few years back I got pissypants and quit ASHI. This organization is about giving. ASHI is more about taking. Confession: I was a past officer and director of ASHI

2 Likes

I did read about Elite MGA offering better warranties but honestly I kind of read right past that part, since you bring it up maybe I should look into that instead of skip past it, thanks for the advice Charles

We use InspectorPro, and their customer service is quick to answer any questions and if needed, provide a certificate of insurance for any client(usually builder or commercial) that asks for one. They have a great “Pre-Claims” service that eliminates nuisance claims before they become full-blown claims. InspectorPro also has great tail coverage for when you want to stop inspecting. Elite MGA has some great folks working for them as well, and I used them for several years at one time.

1 Like

Right now I have InspectorPro since late December, I got 90days for $30. To get my License since I needed proof of insurance, IP is very responsive but so is Elite MGA as I am just getting quotes only from them. It’s working with the inspection agreements that have me leaning towards elite MGA, I feel like they blend in better with InterNachi system which is easier for me to work with the agreement

InspectorPro no doubt. My experiance with Elite MGA was sad. They are slow to respond, and the rep I had treated me as if my case was not important enough, they responded days later after deadline a few years ago, I spent one year with them, and the case I was going through was dropped anyway because of my thorouhness. I immediately switched and have been happy ever since.

1 Like

Sounds similar to another story from back in 2021 I had read about Elite MGA from another InterNachi member

I don’t know much about Elite MGA, other then whats been said on this forum, but I would strongly recommend Inspector Pro insurance. I’ve used their pre-claims at least 3 times, with bogus complaints from clients over the years, I call or email them info on the problem, they take over from there. Maybe more money for premiums, but I can go the bed and sleep and not have to worry. Well worth the peace of mind.

2 Likes

I like to hear that, that right there is great information