Intro to InterNACHI Members

Hi, we’re Kevin and Mike, co-founders of Spectora.

We’ve worked hard the past year meeting with inspectors, agents and buyers to build a modern software platform.

We obsess over creating a solid product and service. We wake up early and stay up late, working at this full-time-plus. Innovating and helping genuinely excites us.

Yes, we’re a new company. But we’re not new to mobile app development, delivering a modern, clean user experience, and providing excellent service.

Here are some of our core values and why we think we’re different:

We’ve done our research - We’ve met with inspectors, followed along on inspections, and implemented feedback from home inspectors, agents and buyers. You’re a smart bunch. We’re constantly listening and learning from you.

We are cutting-edge with our technology and marketing - We have significant experience in modern web development and SEO for some of the largest companies on the planet. We keep up-to-the minute with programming standards, Google algorithm changes and everything that could affect your business.

We are modern - We’ve spent the last year building a modern platform that is easy-to-learn and easy-to-use. Programming languages and usability have advanced rapidly since our competitors were built. Our platform is built with modern design and code.

We are invested in growing your business - We are more than software. We want to help your business run more efficiently. We are constantly building features that help you automate communication, track business metrics and improve your online visibility.

We’re here to be helpful. We’ll offer advice from our areas of expertise and build relationships with you guys. If you like what we have to offer, feel free to check us out. If not, that’s okay too. We know everyone has different preferences and styles.

I (Kevin) worked on the SEO team at HomeAdvisor. Some of you have badges on your site that I created and implemented in my time there! I hope to share my knowledge of how successful companies approach SEO. We ran tests and evaluated search results daily to see what correlates with higher rankings and traffic.

I don’t think there are any “secrets” to marketing and SEO. I believe in helping inspectors understand what Google’s motivations are, and create the smart, logical habits that correlate with high rankings and more traffic. A lot of it is common sense. But so is doing your taxes early or working out. We all need reminders and someone to push us.

Much like how many of you have built great businesses, we want to earn your trust by showing up everyday and being helpful. Let us know if there is anything you’d like to see implemented, have any questions, or just want to chat about the industry in general. We live and breathe this, so we look forward to connecting with many of you.

I’ll see you around in the forums, on social media and at upcoming events. Thanks guys.

PS. We worked with Nick to offer a couple InterNACHI specific deals:

For CMIs:

For all members:

https://www.nachi.org/forum/f32/spector-offers-international-association-certified-home-inspectors-members-deal-reporting-software-118587/

then from your sig:

So I’m already confused

Are you selling reporting software or website design?

Your message isn’t very clear.

Hey Ian,

We offer both, as we know some newer inspectors don’t have a website, much less understand how online marketing works. But the primary focus is the core product, the report and report writer. I believe HG & HIP also make websites and help with both sides of the house as well.

When referring to “web development”, that means the programming needed to build software and apps, not necessarily building websites for guys.

Well, I went to your website, and it’s super sleek, and fancy.
But I found very little content about your software and how it works.

And personally, I’m not impressed with the sample report. Sure, it meets minimum standards, but check boxes? Welcome to 15 years ago.

We could make our articles, videos and walk-throughs a little more prominent, so thanks for pointing that out.

And fair enough, it’s not for everyone. Luckily, we built in the ability to disable the checkboxes/grid style with 1-click. Many inspectors still have those on their reports and said they like them, so we figured giving the option to keep or not made sense.

Think I would keep working for Home Advisor a secret if I was you. They rip off Inspectors from what I keep hearing and send false leads.

Don’t hold it against me Bob, I was just on the SEO team so my job was to bring traffic to the site. Can’t say I disagree with the sentiment about lead quality for HIs :roll: