Irma.,.

My home got hit by the eye, ( live in Naples) Everyone safe, no damage to home. And the power is back on at my house. 95 percent of county has no power.
Yard was a mess, had to use my chain saw to open the roads in my neighborhood. 3 days of prep paid off. This was my 4th hurricane, and was the most severe.

It is a great community and where I made my bones.

I worked there from the first Weston community till they finished building out there and for many other builders that built in the high end areas Arvida sold them.

Those were the Good Ole Days. A great many people I personally know made that Community what it is now.

There is a facebook group called We Built This City that many of the people who made it what it is today belong too.

Builders cared about quality back then and wanted things done right, not as cheap a friggen possible and they were loyal to those who gave them great quality. Many of the people have passed since the beginning but what they did to some old Dairy and Swamp land lives on. Oh the construction parties we had.

We hunted, fished, partied and even water skied out there back then. There used to be a deer heard that had more than a few albinos and semi albinos in the heard and even a few panthers were known to those of us who built that place.

There will never be another community planned and built by a better group of people than Weston by Arvida now Arvida / St. Joe.

It is a great community and where I made my bones.

I worked there from the first Weston community till they finished building out there and for many other builders that built in the high end areas Arvida sold them.

Those were the Good Ole Days. A great many people I personally know made that Community what it is now.

There is a facebook group called We Built This City that many of the people who made it what it is today belong to.

Builders cared about quality back then and wanted things done right not as cheap a friggen possible and they were loyal to those who gave them great quality. Many of the people have passed since the beginning but what they did to some old Dairy and Swamp land lives on. Oh the construction parties we had.

We hunted, fished, partied and even water skied out there back then. There used to be a deer heard that had more than a few albinos and semi albinos in the heard and even a few panthers were known to those of us who built that place.

There will never be another community planned and built by a better group of people than Weston by Arvida now Arvida / St. Joe.

Thanks good to hear from you guys thanks for the post’s Roy C

Ditto. Checkout the landscape of “Greenland”.

Glad to hear that Ron… eye went over our house too. Alot of damage all around here and some flooding in our house but no structural damage at my house. Tree fell into block wall and boarded up window… thank goodness I boarded up. We still don’t have power and have to get gas tomorrow for the generator. It has been foot to the floor for days . Helped neighbors board house’ boarded my, house went to Tampa and procured materials (against all odds) and helped…well he basically watched … my cousins house. Rode storm out in orlando at a sheraton where they were charging evacuation victims mostly from the lower keys $16 for a Continental breakfast.
Then after check out looking on receipt they charged me twice for breakfast… so I paid almost $40 bucks for what little I could eat that morning and a cup o joe.

You should report them for gouging. That is ridiculous for that kind of crap meal. It sounds fancy but are just a sorry *** excuse for not having to do a damn thing except put out some crap :frowning:

Absolutely am asap… between no signal… no electric… trying to clean up, helping as many neighbors as we can… just haven’t had time yet. I gave them a piece of my mind upon check-out and at every other opportunity. It was sad watching all the folks from the Keys walking around with a 1000 yard stare and knowing they were being gouged like that.

Glad to hear it. I have NEVER doubted your integrity :slight_smile:

What you will do WILL HELP THOSE PEOPLE even though they will NEVER know it.

You are a good Man for certain and a good friend. Some things do not change :slight_smile:

No pictures of the 'Vette? What a tease!

The getaway vehicles… depending on storm severity.
Corvette C5, Turbo Volkswagon, South African Kayak.

Whew! that link requires some focus!

I like the kayak. I had my 4X4 and canoe and Kayak in neighbors garage as i live on an island and figured I may need them. My house took a beating as we had a tornado or two rip right on by us and FLL Airport but I do not think it touched down here but sure frigged things up round the ole hood :slight_smile: Lots of tree damage and roof damage to shingles and such. We took some heave blows to the flat roof out back and it even cracked one end of the ceiling and the other end about a 6 square foot or so hole fell in .

We still have flooding here.