Is G-d a Democrat?

Distant Gustav dampens Republican convention cheer in St. Paul

I know that it isn’t nice to laugh at the misfortune of others, but you’d have to have a heart of stone not to laugh at this.

First the religious right were asked to pray for rain during the Denver Democratic National Convention:Stuart Shepard of Focus on the Family, one of America’s leading evangelical groups, was shown in a video filmed at Denver’s Invesco Field, where 75,000 are expected to cheer Mr Obama on Aug 28, asking Christians to pray for “torrential” rain.
“I’m talking ‘umbrella-ain’t-going-to-help-you rain,” the former pastor and television meteorologist said. He explained on the video: “I’m still pro life, and I’m still in favour of marriage as being between one man and one woman. And I would like the next president who will select justices for the next Supreme Court to agree.”

Presidential candidate due to receive nomination at Republican national convention

But what’s this? Hurricane Gustav has prompted a rethink over the Republican convention. John McCain said:

“But you know it just wouldn’t be appropriate to have a festive occasion while a near-tragedy or a terrible challenge is presented in the form of a natural disaster. So we’re monitoring it from day to day and I’m saying a few prayers too.”

If the Big Guy is sending rain according to which side he’s on, then He seems to be a Democrat. :mrgreen:

Sure did! It was raining Palins and McCains.

Stand up guy MCain is! Job well done sir!:mrgreen: The republican gov down there will do a stand up job as I have heard he is doing! Last gov blew it!

Of course if all else fails we can call in Obama and he could put up his mighty hand and stop it. Then he can run to the media and tell them that dirty rotten Bush made it happen;-)

Just makin’ sure you Repug wrong-wingers are still flotin’ down the river named Denial, or is it up sh!ts creek without a paddle, same difference. :stuck_out_tongue:

“Look here brother… Who you jivin’’ with that cosmic debris?”](http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm9RqatOby0&feature=related)

What kind of a guru are you anyway? :mrgreen:

Looks like the Big Guy is showing some mercy.
Gustav closes in on La. coast

The hurricane weakens to a Category 2 storm and is expected to make landfall around midday. » Story](http://www.yahoo.com/s/945733)

Maybe it was part of the big plan to keep his #1 nation in the right direction.:wink:

God was a Democrat before the 1960’s.

Since the Civil War, the Bible Belt was solidly Democratic until they (the party) began to embrace Civil Rights. Seeing that the Southern conservatives felt alienated, the Republican Party worked to appear attractive to them and by the mid-1970s had totally moved Republican.

Now that the Republican Party is moving away from those values, more and more conservatives are feeling likek they did in 1960. Until they can find a party to fully identify with, many of them will simply not participate in national elections…no matter how sexy the VPILF.

On November 5, as the pundits begin to analyze the victory of Obama over McCain…it will be noted that the low voter turnout, especially among the former Republican base, was a major contributing factor.

I too predict an Obama win coupled with low Republican turnout. On a percentage basis the numbers will look much like Jimmy Carter’s victory in 1976.

Furthermore, McCain’s poor, inexperienced VP pick will set women back decades. McCain made the very same mistake that Walter Mondale made with Geraldine Ferraro, sadly with this setback it will be a very long time until someone dares to put a women on the ticket again.

:roll::roll:

A better question would be:

Is God a liberal? Well?

Yes.

Wrong again James.

God is God.

I suppose you will not trot out some silly definition of “Liberal” that makes your case.:roll:

I don’t have to resort to your tactics. Don’t worry.

If you believe that God is satisfied with “status quo” and will fight to protect to keep things as they are…like the conservatives do…I will submit that you worship a different God than most people do.

And I don’t have to resort to your’s.:slight_smile:

Ah, the non definition definition which is devoid of modern context.

You have tried that before:(

Merriam-Webster defines “conservatism” as: disposition in politics to preserve what is established b*:** a political philosophy based on tradition and social stability, stressing established institutions, and preferring gradual development to abrupt change;

*Now, Mike…do you think God is content with “what is established” in our country? I don’t.

Like I said, devoid of current context and meaning of the term.

I know you know and even believe what I am about to say.

Today’s conservatives seek to restore what was and govern on the principle that a smaller federal government and non activist court is best for everyone.

You know, Reagan Republicanism.:smiley:

Reagan Republicans are dead, those who claim to remain have had to drink the foul swill brewed by the Bush Administration which killed whatever spirit of Reaganism that remained. Those who speak of following Ronald Reagan are similar to those who claim to be followers of Jesus, who in the end will turn and say… “I never knew you.”

G-d is perfect and never changing.

Therefore, he is conservative :mrgreen:

Case closed.

Hope this helps;

Decker’s mind is permanently closed, he wouldn’t know g-d if he tripped over him, say no more. :mrgreen:

One does not have to open their mind to that which is not true.

Prove my poistion wrong, Joe. You have made no rebuttal, just called me names.

Typical

If it is too hot in the kitchen I suggest staying out on the porch.

It is no more.