Is there a better way to invoice clients?

If they haven’t paid me, after the review at the end of the inspection, I just grab them, turn them upside down and shake them until their money or wallet falls out. :wink:

3 Likes

80% bank Interact.

You can’t do that in Florida.

" 501.0117 Credit cards; transactions in which seller or lessor prohibited from imposing surcharge; penalty.—
(1) A seller or lessor in a sales or lease transaction may not impose a surcharge on the buyer or lessee for electing to use a credit card in lieu of payment by cash, check, or similar means, if the seller or lessor accepts payment by credit card."

1 Like

Payment and contract paid/signed prior any work being performed. Not going to do an inspection and report, then not release it cause of lack of payment later; pay and agree up front or no inspection at all.

2 Likes

I just have an invoice that I print out on my computer and hand it to them at the end of the inspection along with the now book… If if they haven’t paid by credit card already.
I usually tell them the inspection is free, but the book cost you $450

1 Like

Jim, each and every inspector has to decide on how they want to do it and I don’t disagree with any on how their method is done. I personally let my clients know that the inspection agreement HAS to be signed prior to me leaving for the inspection. It is sent and signed online usually no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled inspection.

I also tell them, and they agree to, that payment is due at the time the inspection is completed and NO information will be provided until payment is received even if they are onsite for the inspection. One of the reasons I do it this way is because the vast majority of my clients are out of state buyers and won’t be present for the inspection. I want to assure them that I’m not going to take them for a ride or worry about refunds should something happen to the extent the inspection is not done or completed. This approach, for me, has been well received and appreciated by my clients.

This approach might not be for everyone’s situation, but it’s worked well for me. I have yet not to be paid on any inspection, and believe it or not, only have been paid once, prior to doing one.

After over 40 years I’ve always been paid. Never been screwed.

2 Likes

A Genius Gigolo… :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry for being off topic. I prefer PayPal…

What’s wrong with taking a paper invoice to the client. And they give you a check. Then it becomes a receipt?

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that, but the trend the past decade is to not carry a checkbook.

I never had a problem with that. I do appreciate your reply.

They pay me prior to the inspection, to avoid that at the end! :grin:

I truly don’t understand what the problem is. I’ve always been paid for my inspection.
Always

1 Like

Me too, no problems. :wink:

Tom and Roy, good to hear… I’ve just heard to many horror stories from local inspectors.

I’m a PayPal’r too.

1 Like

Can I do an inspection for your Junior fudge. Will you pay me at the time of the inspection? LOL
I’ll give you an invoice. Along with the now that you’ve had a home inspection book. Agree?
This is to simple of a. subject. I’ll have a hard copy of the invoice to give to you. Get paid and move on. Does anyone agree with me on this?

This is too simple.
I’m on my phone so excuse grammatical errors.

1 Like

The contract sent prior to the inspection serves as the invoice. Most of my payments are through etransfer or Squareup, and most times paid days before the inspection. Receipts are sent from Squareup as well. I rarely get paid on site anymore.

I prefer cash diamonds dancing girls. A lifetime member for our local titty bar Cafe risque. All of those work for me.
Don’t tell my wife I posted this. LOL
Don’t!
Yes!

Roy…once payment is received,

1 Like

wrong image

2 Likes