Is this CPVC water line layout acceptable?

Hmmm, I hadn’t even thought about that. If it is functional then to determine it is “broke” would require a reference in this case and that reference would be something like Oh say the Building Codes. So in essence he would be quoting codes and the Demi-DemiGods would be after him. :rofl:

I don’t think that would work though. To use the Demi-Demigods line of thinking that would be paid for giving referrals and isn’t that against the HI ethics? :rofl:

1 Like

ugh, might as well just find another career…

So what you are saying is if an HI says anything that demonstrates they are as smart or smarter than a “Licensed Electrical Inspector” that is not good and they must have the wrath of Zeus visited on them?

A more important question is why are YOU so obsessed with rules that don’t affect YOU?

3 Likes

I used code for another inspector in Ohio who probably doesn’t know the rules - so I helped him .He is not in NJ or then I would let you help him and I would mind my own business.

What Is Cyberbullying

Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place over digital devices like cell phones, computers, and tablets. Cyberbullying can occur through SMS, Text, and apps, or online in social media, forums, or gaming where people can view, participate in, or share content. Cyberbullying includes sending, posting, or sharing negative, harmful, false, or mean content about someone else. It can include sharing personal or private information about someone else causing embarrassment or humiliation. Some cyberbullying crosses the line into unlawful or criminal behavior.

The most common places where cyberbullying occurs are:

• Social Media, such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Tik Tok
  • Text messaging and messaging apps on mobile or tablet devices
  • Instant messaging, direct messaging, and online chatting over the internet
  • Online forums, chat rooms, and message boards, such as Reddit
  • Email
  • Online gaming communities

Report Cyberbullying to Online Service Providers

Cyberbullying often violates the terms of service established by social media sites and internet service providers.

• Review their terms and conditions or rights and responsibilities sections. These describe content that is or is not appropriate.

• Visit social media safety centers to learn how to block users and change settings to control who can contact you.

• Report cyberbullying to the social media site so they can take action against users abusing the terms of service.

• Keep evidence of cyberbullying. Record the dates, times, and descriptions of instances when cyberbullying has occurred. Save and print screenshots, emails, and text messages. Use this evidence to report cyberbullying to web and cell phone service providers.

• Cyber harassment, also referred to as online abuse or online harassment, is generally defined more broadly than cyberstalking and encompasses a broader range of abusive tactics. Cyber harassment is online expression targeted at a specific person that causes the individual substantial emotional distress. In many states, the harassment must be repeated such that it amounts to a “course of conduct” and the perpetrator must act with the intent to harass, annoy, alarm, or threaten. However, some states may criminalize even a single act of harassment.

Ball is in your guys court.

2 Likes

Yes, but there is a whole network (or club?) of Demi-Demigods out there waiting for you! :rofl:

1 Like

You can’t even spell advice.
(Advise is a verb. Advice is a noun)

6 Likes

I guess we will do this the hard way.

What was the question?

1 Like

Who’s in deep doo doo because they crossed paths with the Demi-Demigods? :rofl:

1 Like

Hello Mike I don’t quite understand your email, I remember commenting yesterday when someone brought up the word code in their response when the guy that posted the question never said the word code. I had trouble understanding why that person, Answering the poster’s question about CPVC went off on how they were ONLY certified to answer the question stating all their qualifications, how they were certified and only they can say the word code. I actually forget who it was so I again don’t understand what you’re saying here. I don’t have any control over New Jersey or what is taught over this NACHI website I’m a licensed home inspector that never uses the word code and I tell other inspectors to never use the word code unless they are certified to do so.
Ron

OK I just figured out that you’re the guy Mike that answered him saying that you were certified to use the word code. OK I got it. I have to get to work now, this is not important to me. I was just sitting in the ShopRite parking lot yesterday bored while my girlfriend was shopping, I’m out.
Ron.
But I will add that over the past, probably 15 years on this site, even when you guys argue back-and-forth it brings out facts that are very helpful, there’s still a lot that can be learned from that, so putting all the bravado aside this is still the best place to learn.

2 Likes

Major thread drift here, but back to the OP’s post, based on your photo, the worst that I would say is something like ‘amateurish installation of supply plumbing needs additional support, but appears to be functioning or is functioning’. Another term that I have adopted from another HI here, “performing but not conforming.”

1 Like

Glad that you can get info from both sides.

I forgot to mention that this is a red flag that no inspections have been performed on this new work. To OP - If there is no certified residential building department in your area let me know. If your clients want to verify that anything or everything was installed correctly. AKA code compliance. Required everywhere in Ohio. Call me.

My response(s) are to help educate Ohio home inspectors. My comments may not apply where you live.

Thank God for that.

6 Likes

unfortunately the only space most of Mr. Parks responses matter is in that small space between His ears. I think He may be the only person on the planet surface that fails to realize that a home inspection is in no way a code enforcement inspection…two completely different animals,that doesn’t seem hard to grasp for anybody but Him…

8 Likes

Did you not get the email? It doesn’t matter what the subject is, everything is always about him.

2 Likes

Fun Fact - I live in Ohio and yet your comments don’t apply to where I live, at least not in any sense of reality.

5 Likes

Oh no, Y’all are crossing paths with the Demi-Demigods! Expect a visit from Zues, or in this case Poseidon, to come strike you down!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, the board chair lives down there.

My comments are not what applies. The examples that I give do.