Is this ok?

I looked at a water heater TPR pipe, air handler condensate pipe, and clothes washer waste pipe all leading to one drian pipe. Pay particular attention to the T-fiting on the TPR pipe and the condensate drain pipe. Could this cause a problem?

Nachi Help 3.JPG

IRC P2803.6.1

“The discharge piping serving a pressure-relief valve, temperature relief valve or combination valve shall: 4) serve a single relief device and shall not connect to piping serving any other relief device or equipment. 12) Not have valves or tee fittings.”

The condensate drain for the AC needs to discharge in such a way that it can be monitored.

With the exception of the washer, it’s all wrong.

I saw once that the TPR valve tube ran down to the floor, along the floor about 3’ then tied into the a/c condensate line (also 3/4") that then went 1’ to a floor drain. Is this not correct either??

Probably not. Here’s another visual example of what I believe to be improper Tee’ing into a relief line. The stack condensate is Tee’d into (although very neatly) the TPR line:

Marc I can’t open the image

Sorry. Here you go:

Opps, I should have call the last inspection that I saw this on. What would you do if you sent out your report and remembered or learned of something like this, do I call up the client and state my new findings???

Brian, the work in my above picture did pass the AHJ’s plumbing inspection without a fuss. I posted that pic only because it does seem to violate the letter of the code. That’s only my opinion. I might be muddying the waters with information beyond the scope of what you normally do, so I’m sorry about that. It’s just interesting to discuss, is all.

Can’t tell if you’re kidding. No it isn’t right per the c+de above. Also, TPR drains shall “discharge to a termination point that is readily observable by the building occupants.” That requirement is often disregarded.

Especially in Condominiums.

I have learned things after an inspection…next day…and I called them and mentioned it…then they wanted an addendum…which I wrote and printed as a pdf file, uploaded to HomeGauge and it became part of the report.