ISN / Porch FAQ's and FACTS

Ditto here.
When this all began, I was invited by another member to join and offer any opinions I may have. I joined and simply asked a few questions about the long term, much like I posted here also. After reading Ian’s post, out of curiosity I went to check and yep… I am blocked also. In fact, my posts have been deleted entirely (at least I cannot locate any of them). Now a new question emerges… are Dan and Nathan brothers? They sure seem to act as if they are.

The Inspector Brotherhood is talking about getting a new system up and running and the comments are coming in. The conversation is for Internachi to support the build of a new ISN type program. That’s interesting for sure.

How could anyone think partnering with Porch is good for inspectors? But in ISN’s place I would look at getting the money also, but lean towards selling off the whole system. Nothing wrong with building something and selling it.

Doesn’t look good for ISN.

Dan has every right to partner with or sell to Porch.

Every ISN user can choose who to do business with.

Choose wisely.

Dan unfriended me too.

I guess he doesn’t value my hard earned dollars to his business.

Gee, and I just entered a new order into ISN last night too.

Sounds like NT tactics. They do tour together.

Do not question, just nod in agreement. We know what is best for you.

Just saw that.

I thought NT was your BFL ?:smiley:
OH NO! :shock:

He is. I didn’t mean that in a negative way.:roll:

Are you still a paying customer Ian?

Yes.

I never said I was leaving ISN. I have a lot of questions, I’m not happy about this development, and I’m keeping my options open for the long term, but I never said I was leaving.

I just took a new order via ISN a few minutes ago.

Hi Nick,

We want to answer all questions. I am happy to answer them in public. I have been answering questions all weekend as I am sure most of you know on Facebook.

I can’t be everywhere. And, I am having a hard time keeping up with the many questions. (Which are welcome and I understand why inspectors have questions!)

So… the email Help@InspectionSupport.net goes to my team… and It isn’t just me answering… that is the reason for that email address. If you want to post questions here… I can try and keep up… but I fear I may miss something :frowning:

Thanks for the understanding.

I will also be at TPREIA and Vegas if you have questions… and we can speak personally.

The problem is that there is no comparable service that can compete and offers similar services and features of ISN. I held out for several years hoping the Russel and HG would invest the time and money to get their system to a level where it could offer and compete with ISN. However, they choose to not invest the time and resources and instead rolled out new features slowly similar to how they are developing the Apple version of their software.

Dan and ISN know this so they are banking on the fact that they will loose a few inspectors but the majority while they may not like the change will continue to use the system for lack of a better or alternate option.

One should be careful when they are at the top as it’s farther to fall and as history has shown companies that were once large and dominated the market can easily get complacent and make poor choices that can lead to their eventual downfall.

It appears the Michelle is only interested in Nick and his questions!

Then the first question that everybody wants to know the answer to is:

Without divulging the actual written agreement, what percentage of ISN is now owned by Porch, any Porch affiliates or sister companies, or other third parties?

EXACTLY - ISN has no parallel and even if someone were to start it would be years before there was a viable replacement. I use HG, but the HG online services are not as robust or intuitive as ISN. I pay for the services because I can download from ISN to HG the basic report info and it saves me 5 minutes for each report - at 250 reports a year that’s about 16-20 saved hours of my time. But I don’t have all of the features I want in HG. So for now I’m going to stay where I am and see what happens.

I can honestly tell you Michelle is working as much as she can to answer questions that she has answers to. Following social media, emails and ISN message system is a challenge especially after spending hours helping home inspectors set-up their systems.

Stephen,
They are two private companies and as such the details of ownership/percentages are not public knowledge and are not expected to be shared.

So, albeit in a roundabout way, you have acknowledged that ISN and Porch have merged.

I have a question.

Has any of my or my clients information been “transferred” to Porch as part of the transaction between ISN & Porch?

INSPECTION SUPPORT PRIVACY POLICY
Last Modified: August 4, 2017

Merger, Sale, Or Bankruptcy
If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of our assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of our business, or are involved in a bankruptcy, Inspection Support may transfer your information to the party or parties involved as part of that transaction.

I think you already know the answer to this, Kevin.

There is only one reason porch would want to be in bed with isn.

The actual data transfer may not have happened yet…but it will.

If you truly don’t want ANYMORE of your clients data turned over to third parties I think you know what you need to do. I have a handful of inspections already entered into their system and once those are done, so am I.

ISN has betrayed us and will suffer from this bad decision.
They’re scumbags for selling us out. Bye Bye!!!
Remember Dindleberry???