Latest on Ohio Home Inspector Licensing

Thank you for the information!

1 Like

Joseph, thank you for reaching out to me. I have added my location to my signature. Thank you for reaching out to me. I appreciate the help.

Hey, I’m going to send you a email… :grinning:

Get ideas Larry, but I’ve contacted all the cmi’s in Ohio and hardly back with me. The ones who did said to try closer to where I live. I even offered to pay some but they still said no.

Currently I have 2 riding with me. If either drop out, I will contact you

Joe

image001.png

image002.png

1 Like

Thank you Joe. Put me down as the next one and I will pay for your lunch.:grinning::+1:

Did you try the CPIs and Mentors?

Joseph DePiero is going to let me shadow him to fulfill my state required hours of field training. After he finishes up with the other two trainees right now.

2 Likes

Joe is a great guy and I am very happy for you, James. :+1:

1 Like

Joseph:

Good morning. I received an email from HomeSpection Training Institute where I took my training. They have worked out something with the State so I will not need to do parallel inspections at this time.

Thank you for offering your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Damon

| Joseph DePiero, CMI OH 2019004114 jdepiero Certified Master Inspector
April 19 |

• | - |

Damon, first add your location to your signature. Unfortunately, I already have 2 ride alongs, but once I know your location I will reach out to other Inspectors I know. Maybe they can help you.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Thank you

Damon Sarrocco
Owner/Inspector
Serving Northeast Ohio
Email: damon@timbertotile.com
Phone: 330-338-5961
www.timbertotile.com

Hello, I am in need of some guidance. Starting on Monday Ohio is accepting new Ohio inspector license applications. Well I thought I had completed all of my prerequisite work,

• Acquired the appropriate insurance
  • Completed 40 hours of field work with a licensed inspector
  • Completed the 86 hour Inter-NACHI training
  • Passed the NHIE exam
  • And will get the background check rolling as soon as I submit the application (per the app instructions)

I also decided to get my CPI certification through Inter-NACHI, however on the application I also see this peer-review that needs to be completed and reviewed by an approved organization. The question is 2 parts, First does the 5 inspections I conducted to become a CPI through Inter-NACHI fulfill this obligation, and if so the application is asking for a certification awarded date? And if not, how do I go about finding someone within Inter-NACHI that performs this peer review? Any insight would be appreciated as I would like to obtain my license as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Mike Carsner

1 Like

Welcome to our forum, Michael!..Enjoy! :smile:

1 Like

Michael, I’m in a similar situation. I emailed InterNachi last week and was told that I could submit reports for peer reviews to education@internachi.org. Haven’t done so myself yet but am planning on it in the next few days. Good luck!

1 Like

Hi fellow Ohio soon to be unemployed inspectors. I just got a response from Alan at InterNACHI and Ohio has told InterNACHI they can not provide a curriculum of experience course since they are not in Ohio and none of the employees are licensed in Ohio. I am proceeding with the course at Hondros college but thought this would clarify this issue for others.

I do not believe InterNACHI can review your reports and provide an affidavit required by the law for the parallel inspections for the same reason.

Joseph, I think its great you are allow others to shadow you to get the parallel inspections completed. Class Act !!

3 Likes