Let's Ditch the Home Ownership Dream

Investor’s Business Daily appears to have a notion, let’s see who agrees. All I can say is that when I was young real estate sales was a part-time job, will that be the fate of home inspectors? :smiley:

Let’s Ditch the Home Ownership Dream

Housing: America still has far too many underwater debtors labeled as “homeowners,” but Washington can’t bear to let them liquidate. Instead, it saddles taxpayers with ever-costlier bailouts. The federal government has tried just about every trick in the book to revive the nation’s housing market and forestall a feared tsunami of foreclosures. How well have they worked?

The answer depends on how you judge success. If the object is to keep “owners” - really, maxed-out debtors - in their homes, the results have been so-so. But there’s another way of framing the issue.

Whole Story here: http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2010/07/14/lets_ditch_the_home_ownership_dream_98573.html

I get part time pay for full time work.
Does that count?

If that is what it takes to get America on track. We will all have to sacrifice and loose the entitlement mentality.