!!!!!!LONG ISLAND NACHI CHAPTER MEETING SEPTEMBER 15TH!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: lungar
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hi! Everyone;

I hope everyone is having a nice summer. Our next meeting is going to be on the 15th of September at the PARADISE DINER at the crossroads of RT347 & RT111 on RT454 Vets Hwy. Time 6:00 pm the price for the event is $25.00 which includes a nice sit down meal. Our speakers for the evening are, Barry Stangel who will speak on WDI and THERMAL IMAGING for the INSPECTOR. XTRA!! Rob O’Conner [Adjunct Professor at LIU] NACHI Education Committee Member on NY Home Inspection Licensing provisions and required training, and Jim and I on some thoughts about our Chapter. Hope to see everyone at the meeting.

Please if possible E-Mail I or Jim if you are coming so we can tell the diner how to set up. Thanks in advance;

Regards Len Co-Founder LI NACHI Chapter

Originally Posted By: bmerrell

EVERYONE SHOULD ATTEND THE 9-15 MEETING. YOU SHOULD ALSO CONSIDER THE 9-1-05 MEETING. THOUSANDS IN DOOR PRIZES AT THE 9-1-05 MEETING AND FREE LISTING ON SEVERAL VERY BUSY SITES-

www.LONGISLANDHOMESMAGAZINE.COM AND

www.FORSALEBYOWNERPUBLICATION.COM

FREE FOR ALL ATTENDEES OF THE 9-1-05 MEETING- WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE- 100 PAGE MANUAL AS PART OF THE PACKAGE FOR OUR ATTENDEES AND A TRAVEL CUB MEMBERSHIP DONATED FOR EACH ATTENDEE ($199 VALUE) WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE

www.NACHIMEETING.COM

BILL C. MERRELL, PH.D- FELLOW NACHI MEMBER AND EDUCATOR IN NY STATE

Originally Posted By: roconnor

Licensing in NY is a hot topic with the 12/31/05 pending effective date. NY State DOS is working on several documents related to training requirements and grandfather licensing, which reportedly will be completed/available in early September.

Hopefully these will be available in time for the 9/15 LI NACHI meeting to supplement the licensing information to be distributed and discussed!

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

As Len Ungar and I have agreed, there are 2 meetings to select from. Len Ungar will be attending both meetings.

September 1st, 2005 or September 15th, 2005

www.linachi.org

both meetings will benefit membership as a whole. To let us know you wish to attend either meeting, contact Len Ungar at allaround@optonline.net Let Len know which meeting you wish to attend!

Over 60 total attendees (55 for dinner) the September 1st meeting was a major success. Thanks to Len for his support and thanks to the members that did not listen to the false information on some of the boards, which everyone in attendance knows who has a pulse on what is going on with education in New York.

If you could not attend my 9-1-05 meeting please try to attend the 9-15 meeting. Len has worked hard to make this work, and , it will be still a great meting. We can both co-exist if Len and I manage it properly.

If Rob needs material for the meeting, I will give him everything he needs to benefit the membership.

Len Ungar is the Chair of the Long Island Chapter and I will remain the Metro NY Education Chapter Chair, (yes there is such as thing as an education chapter and NACHI has approved it for the benefit of the membership!) first anywhere, dealing with educational issues exclusively!

See you soon. E-mail Len to attend the 9-15 meeting allaround@optonline.net Don't forget to come to the meeting! Bring your questions! Now that you have the facts, get more answers and make a unified front! I requested, I will speak at the meeting. I do not want to rain on anyone's discussion and believe Rob will give a good presentation. It requested, I would be happy to speak to benefit the NACHI membership!

Originally Posted By: jbushart

bmerrell wrote:
(yes there is such as thing as an education chapter and NACHI has approved it for the benefit of the membership!) first anywhere, dealing with educational issues exclusively!

I understand that you have impressive credentials and history in the area of providing continuing education to real estate agents and it makes sense that NACHI would recognize your qualifications to provide training programs.

However - with as many people in NACHI's leadership devoting so much attention to continuing education in all states, with an Education Committee that has several phDs on board, along with experienced home instructors, and NACHI's support of education providers at chapter level to provide so much free training to NACHI members upon request ---- why would anyone want to form or even belong to a chapter that excludes so many other important home inspection issues?

Every chapter president knows that any chapter president can schedule a "free give-a-way" vendor marathon that will bring in 100+ people for one meeting. It is the subsequent meetings minus the hoopla, vendors, and high value freebies that determines who belongs to a chapter. What will your exclusive of all other things educational chapter have to offer under those conditions?

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

You know James your a real Ball Breaker, I have been seeing your posts for some time and all you do start trouble,excuse me I meant to say most of the time. No one has any right to question anyones credentials unless they check first. Don’t belive what anyone says, check before hand. Bill Merrell did not do anything without Nicks approval. Joe Farsetta who is also a great guy, had a different outlook, why in heaven they both didn’t work together for the good of all in new york is beyond me. It should have never been taken to the B/B or to whatever, thats when all the trouble starts because everyone sticks there nose in where it doesn’t belong. I don’t care what anybody says all NACHI meetings I say are educational meetings. I have gone to Joes meetings and there is always someone speaking about something to help the home inspector. Same as all the meetings that Jim and I have done. No matter what happens it doesn’t mean anything because when NEW YORK says HEY! everyone this is the rules that we play by, guess what that’s it end of story. I just feel bad that all of this happened, really my thoughts are we will be stronger in the future, I really hope so for all.

On the better side of things I have to tell everyone that my youngest girl was just asked and received a fantastic ring from a great guy, by the way he is also a NYC fireman, Lets all wish them well.

Regards Len Ungar L I Nachi Chapter Co-Founder

Mr. Ungar,

My question was not intended to break balls or start trouble. I recognized Mr. Merell's credentials, which I have researched, and I also recognize his right as a citizen of New York to involve himself in legislative matters in that state.

All I asked him, which neither he or you have attempted to answer, is why NACHI would need back-to-back chapters with one of them restricted to only education related matters when NACHI already has so many of its resources dedicated toward that end.

--

www.monachi.org

Jim I beleive that I did answer your question. Bill did not do anything without NICK"S OK. If you still have a problem with that I suggest you take it up with Nick.

Len

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Mr. Merrell:

Thank you for taking the time to fill a need that has not been adequately fulfilled in the past. There are NACHI Members whose sole interest in membership is for CEU.

This is an area that has never been fully addressed and/or developed.

Please continue and do not be discouraged by the vocal minority that questions everything that is intended to raise the Level of Professionalism.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

lungar wrote:
Jim I beleive that I did answer your question. Bill did not do anything without NICK"S OK.

Len,

"Bill had Nick's 'okay'" does not answer the question.

Let me ask it a different way. You and Bill have NACHI chapters that conduct meetings next to each other, not only geographically but chronologically. You have many of the same people who attend both meetings. You have guest speakers at both meetings and you conduct educational events at both meetings. NACHI allows for CEUs at both meetings. What makes his an educational chapter as opposed to yours, and what home inspection need is it fulfilling that yours does not?

--

www.monachi.org

If you have Two Chapters in close proximity that can Regularly draw Members to Educational Meetings, that is Fantastic.

Recognition should be in the Form of Praise and not Criticism.

Nick's Decision to Approve was the Correct one to Make.

--
Joseph Hagarty

Joe,

Perhaps you should give Len an opportunity to respond on his own. Rumor has it that he is capable of doing so. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

Besides, you are attempting to recognize an ability that has yet to have been demonstrated.

--

www.monachi.org

jbushart wrote:

Joe,
....you are attempting to recognize an ability that has yet to have been demonstrated.

http://www.merrellinstitute.com/

The Course Offerings and Accomplishments are quite Impressive.

The Presentation is very Professional.

It also appears that Mr. Merrell will have the ability to meet State CEU and HI Associational requirements Nationwide.

--
Joseph Hagarty

jhagarty wrote:
If you have Two Chapters in close proximity that can Regularly draw Members to Educational Meetings, that is Fantastic.

Recognition should be in the Form of Praise and not Criticism.

Nick's Decision to Approve was the Correct one to Make.

Like I said, Joe, you have recognized an accomplishment that has yet to take place. Additionally, I have it from a very reliable source that Mr. Merrill does not, indeed, have Nick's blessing to name his chapter an educational chapter.

--

www.monachi.org

James;

Your really funny, you keep harping on the same thing over and over. Read this closely, I have seen E-Mails that Nick has sent to Dr Bill Merrell saying it was OK. Also there are many schools claiming that they will be OK in NY and addvertizing such, how come nobody says anything about them??? Like I have said before and I say it again, when New York State puts the final word out then and only then will everyone no. As far as two chapters I beleive that there will be only one in the future, Bill And I have been working together towards this goal. If you look at the web site www.linachi.org you will see that both meetings were posted for the last few weeks. After the meeting on the 15th there most likely like I said be only one chapter. At any time when anything comes up about education

Dr.Bill will most likely be the one in our chapter to address the issue. We also have Rob O’Conner a teacher of home inspection courses in our chapter also so I think that the Long Island Chapter will do fine in the future as far as education goes. You should not rely on hearsay, go to the sourse like Nick and you get the correct info.

I hope this helps to stop you and others from making a mountain out of a mole hill, Life is to short for all this BULL.

Regards Len [Co-Founder of the L I NACHI Chapter]

lungar wrote:
You should not rely on hearsay, go to the sourse like Nick and you get the correct info. [Co-Founder of the L I NACHI Chapter]

Len,

I did.

Nick is my reliable source who said that there is no such thing as an educational chapter as recently as yesterday. Maybe you should take your own advice and check with him instead of getting it "hearsay" from Mr. Merrett. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

I was thinking of renaming mine the "Sexy Old Men" chapter, but he put a nix on that, too.

--

www.monachi.org

James;

God help us with the likes of you, you sure don’t no how to spell someones name or is that your way of being cute. I have nothing more to say about this matter, since you are determind to keep the bull going. I’m 73 years young and I sure as hell don’t need your bull BYE!!!

Len,

You chose to enter this debate on behalf of Mr. Merrill. I can appreciate how difficult it must be for you. I'll be happy to wait for his response.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: roconnor

The discussion about licensing I agreed with Len to give at the upcoming regularly scheduled LI NACHI Chapter meeting on Thursday 9/15/05 will be from a point of view as a NACHI Education Committee member, and not as a local university adjunct professor. Those are two different hats …

Although it appears some of the NYS DOS guidelines may not be finalized by the 9/15/05 meeting, I am still hopeful that they can at least get the license applications done so I can hand out copies at the meeting. Then experienced inspectors can apply for a grandfather license right away, just in case the talk of possibly postponing the 12/31/05 effective date doesn't go through.

I think Len and Jim are doing a great job with the local chapter here on LI, and I will see everyone at the meeting ...

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong