Main Disconnect Doesn't fit Panel

This Siemens Panel had the 100 Amp, 240 volt main disconnect breaker crammed into the wrong size cutout. The bottom panel was covering the bottom of the breaker. It is a siemens brand breaker just like the panel but it doesn’t look like it fits right. I took a temp reading with my gun and it was the same temperature as the other breakers. My opinion is that it is the wrong breaker for this panel and a electrician should be consulted to change it.

Any advice would be appreciated

I’m concerned about how the breaker is cocked sideways. May not be properly seated which is a problem.

4 Likes

I am too. Looks too big for panel cutout.

1 Like

Do you have a photo with the cover removed?

1 Like

Looks like an alignment issue. It takes some effort for the cover to fit properly over the breakers sometimes.

4 Likes

It looks like that from N. MI, too, Michael.

2 Likes

Catalog Number?
Appears to be, SIEMENS 100A Electrical Panel with 24 Circuits Expandable to 48 circuits. Cat No: PW1224B1100CU. Remember, appears to be.

Observation: Poor Main Breaker or Panel Front alignment affecting the main disconnect and the 15 amp breaker in slot A3B.
Recommend: Further review and correction by a licensed electrical contractor.
Breaker orientaion

3 Likes

I have that exact panel. The cover is very finicky. Needs to line up perfectly for it to go on properly.

3 Likes

To put it bluntly, mounting the dead front is a pain in the posterior.

I do not unmount dead fronts unless it is critical to gather more information. Alignment and safety impeded my inspections.

2 Likes

I say: Please leave the awards committee out of your feud, Robert.

robert young (ryoung7) says;

Try this. Please ask the awards committee member to stop violating ethics. I would. Makes the organization look very bad.

I say back:

You are unable to understand…back on ignore you go, Robert…the second time I put someone on ignore and they are BOTH YOU, in 17 years!

Last time it was 2 months. This time it is 6 months…forever is coming up, Robert!

Why did this even show up on this???

See my PM.

1 Like

WAFI alert!

1 Like

Mr. Goldenberg. I do not dismount electrical panel fronts.
You are truly unprofessional in your actions on the MB.
I have no beef with you. Kindly put me on ignore.
Members. Mr. Goldenberg is not trust worthy. His actions speak for themselves.
NTBT: Not To Be Trusted.

We know this I wouldn’t be bragging about it.
Think about the suckers who trusted you to perform a competent inspection.

CBP 3-24-21

1 Like

I am sending my inquiry to Nick Gromicko. Founder of the awards committee.
Mr. Goldenberg actions speak for themselves.
Hope that helps.

1 Like

Your 100 Amp Main Breaker is 2 inches wide but the areal that goes in the open space in the steel cover is a little smaller About a 16th of an inch on both sides are recessed a little. I always suggest using an electrician period but if you are not afraid, loosen the screws that hold the steel cover, make sure the breaker is pushed down all the way and align it properly. it may need a little push to the side. Your main breaker is the correct one for 100 Amp. With a little push, you will be able to get the cover on correctly

2 Likes