Make Money On Wind Mitigation Inspections NOW.

I agree, and especially if NACHI and Citizens agree on that contract. That would be good.

Looks like somebody got that citizens contract. I got an email to see if I was interested in reinspects for citizens… If I held a lisence as a contractor, engineer architect or building inspector (state) they were offerring work doing these inspections for $45.00. (also needed three years experience inspecting homes) Such a deal!

It wasn’t from EM Solutions was it?

Just because you took the online course does not make you eligible to do these inspections. Be prepared for them to be kicked back and be prepared to issue refunds. It may take several weeks, but the insurance companies will kick them back.

You’re eligible if the insurance company says you are. No negative feedback or problems yet… we’ll see. Thank you for the heads up.

Only time will tell

I am in agreement with William on the issue of credentials to do wind Mits for Citizens. Citizens has always required Inspectors to hold an active license or certificate as stated on the Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form

**Qualified Inspector – I hold an active license or certificate as a: (check one)

1. ������ [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]Hurricane mitigation inspector certified by the My Safe Florida Home Program.[/size]

[/FONT]������ [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]Building code inspector certified under Section 468.607, Florida Statutes.
[/size][/FONT]������ [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]General, building or residential contractor licensed under Section 489.111, Florida Statutes.
[/size][/FONT]������ [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]Professional architect licensed under Section 481.213, Florida Statutes.
[/size][/FONT]������ [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]Professional engineer licensed under Section 471.015, Florida Statutes.
[/size][/FONT]������ [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]Other individual or entity recognized by the insurer as possessing the necessary qualifications to properly complete this form pursuant to Section 627.711(2)(f), Florida Statutes. [/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2][/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]I did a couple of these inspections while my Contractors License was unknowingly inactive, and they came back. It will take a few weeks, but they will come back – [/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]Citizens is more concerned now than ever before about qualifications - I only need to point out the hundreds of thousands of re-inspections that they are having performed due to past inspector inadequatcies. In my opinion, the revised Mit. Form (02/10) was intended to screen unqualified contractors from continuing to do these inspections as fill in work during a down economy. The added requirements are frustrating to some and lend to it not being worth the effort. [/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]With the new legislature on Florida HI Licensing now in place, i believe that we will see Citizens eventually allow Licensed HI with additional training (NACHI wind mitigation) to perform these inspections. They have always left the door open to approve whoever they feel “possesses the necessary qualifications to properly complete the form pursuant to Section 627.711 (2)(f), Florida Statutes” — I think that the licensing will sufficiently redirect enough liabilty to a “recognized new professional entity” (home Inspectors) – Isn’t that always the case with governing bodies, that is, to reduce their exposure and place liability elsewhere when the occasion arises. They could not allow HI to do the reports in the past because basically there was no standard in the field, and no license to fine or hold accountable. If anyone has the latest info on citizens and the new HI licensing, i would be interested to know.[/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]Having said all that, i’m curious on what grounds and/or whom asked you to perform these wind mits without verifying your qualifications. I suggest you contact them and give them a heads up on the situation so that you can head off what i consider to be the inevitable - a returned report. This way you have time to partner up with someone like Michael Meeker or another contractor/engineer, and at least earn something for your efforts. I believe its allowable for the inspection to be done by one person and signed off by another as long as you have some sort of employment arrangement.[/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]Just my thoughts[/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]I’m also curious if anyone has taken the proctured test, and if so do they tell you your score at the test site? Is the test the same info as the online Nachi exam? [/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]Didn’t mean to write a book.[/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]Dennis P. Quigley[/size][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=2]HomeSpector, LLC
[/size][/FONT]

Yes you must be licensed or an employee of a certified license holder. I had one kicked back last week for missing one number on my license. Meeker is right, dont do them unless you are certified or employeed by a qualifier.

*"I’m also curious if anyone has taken the proctured test, and if so do they tell you your score at the test site? Is the test the same info as the online Nachi exam? "

Hey Dennis,
They give you the score right then and there. When I took my test, they gave the guys that failed the chance to retake right away.

Same test as the online. Maybe 5-10 were not exactly from my practice sessions

Good luck

You can re-test right then if you fail. The best practice by far is doing the on-line exam we have all taken to become members.

thanks for the encouragement jay. I certainly intend to take the exam here eventually. Its definitely on the list. And for fellow members who may be performing wind-mits and are not licensed or properly insured, the state passed more stringent penalties in regards to these inspections today I believe and are looking to make examples of unscrupulous inspectors. Moving foward, everyone will be inspected- so make sure you are confident in your wind mit knowledge/experience.

Thanks for the responses. Took the proctured test this morning and passed. was on my way home by 9:10 – Zoe let us start early

Does anyone have an update on the State Licensing Application?
Is it suppose to be avilable soon?

Has anyone confirmed that Citizens is going to allow Licensed Home Inspectors (who have taken the Wind Mit. course) to perform and sign Wind Mits?

Dennis P. Quigley
HomeSpector