Master Inspector Certification Board filed "Board Certified" Trademark in 6 countries

Yesterday, attorneys for the Master Inspector Certification Board filed the Trademark "Board Certified" in the U.S., Canada, and 4 other countries abroad.

http://certifiedmasterinspector.org/cmi/examplesinuse.htm

Bottom line to all the naysayers:
It’s here.
It’s here to stay.
Might as well get on board.
I have a sneaking suspicion that this will lead to bigger and better things and benefits.

Just like that little renegade outfit,
NACHI.

Never!!!

We’re way past the “never” stage. I think there is evidence that one of the MICB’s main goals is already being achieved. As you all know, the home inspection profession has very little access to advanced course offerings. Most of the major home inspection schools that cancelled classes due to lack of attendence confirm that those classes were not *Intro *classes, but rather the more advanced ones. We often look for substitutes outside our SOP by taking mold or code or commercial classes, but advanced home inspection course offerings are few and far between. Why? Because the schools make more money on Intro courses, the Intro courses are simply easier classrooms to pack. Veteran inspectors have no incentive to leave their busy businesses and take an advanced course without added incentive. This hurts our profession in 2 ways: First it dumps more and more newbies into our markets. Second it means we can’t find advanced, fast-paced, home inspection courses out there. Well the whole CMI project is not only trying to change that… it is already succeeding at changing it. We already have major schools developing and offering advanced, fast-paced courses for the veteran inspector who simply can’t sit through another Introduction to Inspections 101 class. The incentive we are providing the schools to offer more than simple Intro classes, that being a viable market of veteran inspectors, is working. I foresee a day when (like other professions), most course offerings will be advanced, or at least not Intro courses. The MICB’s CMI project is already making this vision a reality for our industry.

Just for clarification…

I try to use the word PROFESSION to refer to inspectors (example: he entered the profession) and I try to use the word INDUSTRY to refer to inspectors, vendors, schools, trade associations, and the overall market (example: this will change our industry).

[quote=rspriggs]
Bottom line to all the naysayers:
It’s here.
It’s here to stay.
Might as well get on board.
I have a sneaking suspicion that this will lead to bigger and better things and benefits.

Just like that little renegade outfit,
NACHI.

Hi Russ
I think your right. Thats why i grabbed the domain name http://certifiedmasterinspector.net

Always thinking, Hank!